Science Quarter Event 2018
Learning & Research building, Southmead
To celebrate the official opening of Severn Pathology, an event with Severn Pathology and the University of Bristol.
The event will showcase how science is revolutionising healthcare and highlighting the broad extent of clinical research that takes place every day right here across the Trust. We have split the day into two themes, with the option of registering for the whole day, or part of the day.
Morning: Research focus
- Research focussed presentations in the morning, Professor Jeremy Tavaré, Professor of Biochemistry and Director of Research (Health) will be sharing how the research landscape will look over the next five years.
- Presentations from our senior specialist research leads from across the Trust.
- Tours of the Bristol University Translational Health Sciences Laboratories based in the Learning & Research building.
Afternoon: Severn Pathology focus
An opportunity to peek inside the high-tech Severn Pathology building, a collaboration with Public Health England housed in a brand new facility.
- Mr David Gibbs & Jonathan Turner share how our unique technology led pathology services here at North Bristol NHS Trust, is enabling us to lead the way nationally and internationally.
- Presentations from Andrew Mumford, Professor of Haematology & Clinical Director, West of England, NHS Geonomic Medicine Centre and Professor Derrick Crook, Director of Microbiology, Public Health England
Please email email@example.com if you are interested in joining a tour.
- 1220 tours of the Bristol University Translational Health Sciences Laboratories
- 1430 tours of the high-tech Severn Pathology building
We have set-up registration so you can choose whether you would like to attend all day, or part of the day:
To register for attending all day : https://www.eventbrite.com/e/science-quarter-better-together-all-day-tic...
To register for Morning only: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/science-quarter-better-together-morning-onl...
To register for Afternoon only: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/science-quarter-better-together-afternoon-o...
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to express an interest in registering for the tours
Thank you to Arkivum.com & Clinisysgroup.com for partly sponsoring the event.