- Venue: Arts Faculty Lecture Theatre 3 (LT3)
- Time: 1:00 - 1:50 pm
The History Showcase is an exciting series of talks, debates and feature events running weekly across the academic year. It is a forum where participants can join the real search for truth that lies at the heart of historical research, freed from the routine strictures of assessment and examinations.
The series has been designed with students in mind. Speakers have been invited to inform, challenge, and broaden the horizons of their audience, pushing beyond the curriculum to 'showcase' the broader issues we engage with every day. With a number of guest lectures, student contributions and workshops, the History Showcase is intended to be as entertaining as it is informative and helpful.
- The Execution of Admiral Byng 21 February 2019, 1.00 PM - 21 February 2019, 1.50 PM Joe Krudler Lecture Theatre 3, 11 Woodland Road
- The Roots of Modern Antisemitism 7 March 2019, 1.00 PM - 7 March 2019, 1.50 PM Kenneth Austin Lecture Theatre 3, 11 Woodland Road
- Springwatch to Blue Planet II: 25 Years of Filmmaking at the BBC Natural History Unit 21 March 2019, 1.00 PM - 21 March 2019, 1.50 PM Peter Coates Lecture Theatre 3, 11 Woodland Road
- Born with a Box of Earth under the Bed: Mapping Material Responses to Loss in the Modern World 28 March 2019, 1.00 PM - 28 March 2019, 1.50 PM Lucy Donkin Lecture Theatre 3, 11 Woodland Road
- Dissertation and Reflective Q&A 4 April 2019, 1.00 PM - 4 April 2019, 1.50 PM Andy Flack and John Reeks Lecture Theatre 3, 11 Woodland Road