Health and Life Sciences Research Strategy Committee
The Health and Life Sciences Research Strategy Committee came into being in 2016 at the request of the Pro Vice-Chancellor for Health. Its membership spans across the Faculties of Biomedical Sciences and Health Sciences and with the purpose of debating and developing a unified health research strategy. It will overview strategic delivery by the faculties and schools with support from the Research and Enterprise Development team.
Membership currently includes:
- Director of Research - Health (Chair): Jeremy Tavaré
- Pro Vice-Chancellor for Health: John Iredale
- Dean of the Faculty of Biomedical Sciences: George Banting
- Dean of the Faculty of Health Sciences: Jonathan Sandy
- North Bristol NHS Trust and University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust Director of Research: David Wynick
- Faculty of Biomedical Sciences Research Director: Alastair Poole
- Faculty of Health Sciences Research Director: Tim Peters
- Head of Bristol Medical School: Sarah Purdy
- Head of Bristol Veterinary School: Richard Hammond
- Head of Bristol Dental School: Peter Robinson
- Head of School for Biochemistry: Catherine Nobes
- Head of School for Physiology, Pharmacology and Neuroscience: Chris Fry
- Acting Head of School for Cellular and Molecular Medicine: Stefan Roberts
- Head of School for Biological Sciences: Mike Benton
- Head of School for Experimental Psychology: Chris Jarrold
- Director of Elizabeth Blackwell Institute: Rachael Gooberman-Hill
- Director of the Cardiovascular Sciences Specialist Research Institute: Gianni Angelini
- Director of the Population Health Sciences Specialist Research Institute: Caroline Relton
- Director of the BioDesign Specialist Research Institute: Dek Woolfson
- Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Manager: Nina Couzin
- Head of Research Development: Simon Gray
- Research Development Manager for the Faculty of Health Sciences: Zoë Holland
- Research Development Manager for Faculty of Biomedical Sciences: Jacqui Oakley
- Research Development Associate for the Faculties of Health and Biomedical Sciences: Collette Sheahan
- Committee Secretary: Catherine Brown
Membership of the Committee will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Terms of reference and minutes of meetings are available on the Committee's intranet.
If you have any questions regarding the committee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.