The faculty has an active postgraduate community following a range of taught or research-based programmes, including two Wellcome Trust PhD programmes, guided by leading clinicians and academics.
Postgraduates are based in high quality research and clinical settings across the City, including the Bristol Heart Institute, Southmead and Frenchay Hospitals, the Bristol Eye Hospital, the £15M refurbished dental facilities at the Bristol Dental School and the advanced laboratory facilities in the Dorothy Hodgkin Building.
Taught masters programmes
Our taught masters include innovative distance learning courses and options for part-time study.
- Clinical Conscious Sedation and Anxiety Management (PG Cert)
- Clinical Oral Surgery (PG Cert)
- Dental Implantology (MSc)
- Dental Postgraduate Studies (MSc, DPDS)
- Epidemiology (MSc)
- Global Wildlife Health and Conservation (MSc)
- Healthcare Improvement (PG Cert)
- Healthcare Management (MSc)
- Health Sciences Research (MRes)
- Health Sciences Research (Translational Cardiovascular Medicine) (MRes)
- Molecular Neuroscience (MSc)
- Oral Medicine (MSc)
- Orthodontics Doctorate in Dental Surgery (DDS)
- Orthopaedic Surgery (MSc)
- Perfusion Science (MSc)
- Public Health (MSc)
- Reproduction and Development (MSc)
- Stem Cells and Regeneration (MSc)
- Teaching and Learning for Health Professionals (MSc)
- Translational Cardiovascular Medicine (MSc)
- Veterinary Clinical Practice (PG Dip)
- Veterinary Sciences (MSc)
Research degrees in the Faculty of Health Sciences video playlist
MRC GW4 BioMed Doctoral Training Partnership
The Medical Research Council (MRC) GW4 BioMed DTP brings together the Universities of Bath, Bristol, Cardiff and Exeter to develop the next generation of medical researchers.
Wellcome Trust PhD Programmes
GW4 Clinical Academic Training Programme (GW4-CAT)
The Wellcome Trust-funded GW4-CAT gives exceptional early career medical, veterinary and dental graduates the chance to undertake interdisciplinary PhD training at the Universities of Bristol, Cardiff and Exeter.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
We have a comprehensive programme of CPD courses for experienced medical and dental practitioners, and researchers. This includes short courses for health services research and epidemiological methods.
Bristol Dental School offers a range of CPD programmes, run through the Bristol University Open Learning for Dentists (BOULD) programme, which provides courses based on flexible learning and runs the Diploma in Postgraduate Dental Studies.
Early career training and support
Early career training and support for health and biomedical science postgraduates.
Doctoral training partnership
Visiting Student Policy
Please read the Visiting Student Policy (Office document, 32kB) if you are considering offering a student the opportunity to spend time within the Faculty to complete research which is NOT linked to an established post of employment or a standard registered programme of study.
REF 2014 results
The Research Excellence Framework 2014 ranked Bristol among the UK’s top research universities. The University achieved 100 per cent world-leading 4* for impact in both clinical medicine and public health, health services and primary care.
Did you know?
Faculty researchers have been at the forefront of many treatments, discoveries and healthcare programmes which are now in use around the globe.