If you are potentially eligible to graduate in February 2019 you should expect to receive a graduation invitation email before the end of November 2018, informing you that registration is open online.
If you have not received an invitation email by Monday 26 November and you believe that you are due to graduate in February, please contact the Graduation Office.
Please note that the majority of graduation invitations are sent out before results are known, and we ask that you register your intentions for your graduation ceremony on the assumption that your award is confirmed in time.
If you have received an invitation email but know that you will not be eligible to graduate in February 2019, please contact the Graduation Office so that we can amend our records and put you forward to the next degree congregation. Please check our Eligibility page and Information for postgraduate students, if applicable, before contacting us with this information.
How to register
You should complete the online registration form even if you
- do not wish to attend a ceremony
- do not yet know your result
All postgraduate research candidates should read the Information for postgraduate students before registering.
To access the form please go to:
- Student Info for current students. If you cannot log in using Single Sign-on, please contact the IT Service Desk
- or Student Info past for students whose course has already ended. If your details are not accepted, please contact your Faculty Office to check that you are using the correct details to log in.
You should find the Graduation form under the tab on the left hand side of your Student Info page.
The registration deadline for February 2019 is Monday 10 December 2018.
Graduands can choose to attend the ceremony, receive their degree in absentia or defer to February 2020.
- Attending - you will be allocated two guest tickets (as well as your own graduand ticket) for the ceremony. There is no charge for these tickets.
Please see Ticket allocation and collection for more information.
- In absentia - your degree will be conferred during the February 2019 degree congregation in your absence, and your certificate will be posted to your registered home address after the congregation.
Please note, it will not then be possible for you to attend a future ceremony for this degree.
Please see Certificates and transcripts for further information.
- Defer to February 2020 - to select this option you will need to email the Graduation Office with your request by the registration deadline (there is no option for this on the online form).
If you choose to defer you will receive your certificate at the ceremony at which you graduate and will not be able to obtain it any sooner. Please see Certificates and transcripts for further information.
You can only defer your graduation attendance once.
Please note that we cannot guarantee that students who fail to register by the deadline will be allocated a place at their degree ceremony. You must complete the registration form even if you do not wish to attend a ceremony.
You should receive an acknowledgement email once your form is submitted. If you do not receive this email, or if you have any other problems in registering online, please contact the Graduation Office.
Your contact details and official name
Before you graduate you will need to check your contact details and official name:
- Check your home address, telephone numbers and email on Student Info, and amend them there if necessary
- Check your official name as it appears on Student Info - this is the name that will appear on your degree certificate. If it is incorrect in any way, you must get in touch with your Faculty Office so that it can be corrected. You will need to provide evidence of your correct name when you contact your faculty. It is important to note that they will be unable to make any changes to your name once your degree has been awarded.
If you think your name could be mispronounced, please complete the name pronunciation form to help us announce it correctly at your graduation ceremony.