The University Research Theme in Human Rights, which began in 2004-05 as the University Human Rights Research Group, is open to all members of the academic staff at the University of Bristol, and research students, conducting research in human rights broadly defined.
The aim of the Theme is to raise the profile of human rights across the University and develop an agenda for the future. It seeks to:
- facilitate contact between members of the Theme;
- coordinate their research and provide information about it both within the University and beyond;
- promote such research including encouraging collaborative bids for external funding;
- host workshops, seminars and other appropriate events;
- encourage and facilitate communication about, and the dissemination of the results of, these activities to academic and non-academic audiences.
The Theme is managed by Professor Rachel Murray (Leader), and by a biannual general meeting to which all those wishing to associate with it are invited.
Anyone wishes to join the Theme should contact:
Rachel Murray (Email:Rachel.Murray@bristol.ac.uk).
More detailed information can be found in other documents on this site: