MSc in Transfusion and Transplantation Sciences
This programme aims to develop your interest, knowledge and understanding of the theory, practical techniques and research relating to the science of transplantation and transfusion medicine.
- How is blood processed?
- When do we give platelet transfusions?
- How is tissue engineering being used to replace heart valves?
- What causes haemolytic anaemia?
- How do we reduce the transfusion related risk of HIV and vCJD?
The lecture subject areas are:
- Platelets and Coagulation
- Blood Groups
- Haematological Diseases
- Blood Donation
- Blood Components
- Clinical Transfusion
- Transfusion-Transmitted Infections
- Stem Cell Transplantation
- Solid Organ Transplantation
- Tissue Engineering
Key Facts and Entry Requirements