Financial help for Veterinary Science

Banner image for financial help for Veterinary Science web page.

Financial help for Veterinary Science

Veterinary Science degrees are taught as either 5-year or 6-year courses. There is financial assistance available to help support students during their course.

Who should apply?

Support is available for UK (Home) students but varies depending on whether you are studying Veterinary Science as your first or second undergraduate degree.


During your studies, you can choose to intercalate in order to receive a bachelor’s degree. The intercalation year, where the final year of a BA or BSc is studied, is normally taken between years two and three of the Veterinary Science programme. Find out more about intercalation.

Current students thinking about intercalation should log in to the Student intranet for more detailed guidance.

How do I apply?

Where you apply for support with tuition fees and living costs will depend upon where you normally live when not at University. Depending on your personal circumstances, you may also be entitled to apply for additional support from the government. Further details can be found on our T&Cs page.

Terms and conditions

Please see our terms and conditions page for further details about funding and applications.

Other Sources

The British Veterinary Association website has further details of grants and bursaries.

In the latest National Student Survey (NSS) Bristol Vet School scored 99% for overall student satisfaction.