Financial help for Dental Hygiene and Dental Therapy

Funding for the Diploma in Dental Hygiene has changed for students who commence their studies in 2018/19. The university no longer offers the Diploma in Dental Therapy. Information for students commencing in 2018/19 and for those who have commenced before 2018/19 is below.

Click here for information on funding for the Diploma in Dental Hygiene and all other full-time undergraduate courses.

Information for students who have commenced either the Diploma in Dental Therapy or the Diploma in Dental Hygiene in 2017/18 or before.

The information below is for UK students who do not have previous experience of higher education and who are studying a full-time Dental Hygeine or Dental Therapy course in 2017/18. 

Students can apply to the NHS for:

Apply online through the NHS Business Services Authority website.

Government funding

Students can apply to the Government for a non means-tested reduced rate maintenance loan for living costs.

University of Bristol hardship fund

Students who find themselves in financial difficulty can apply to the Student Funding Office at the University of Bristol for support from the University hardship fund. Once you're fully registered as a student here, you can collect a form from the Student Funding Office.