Bristol one of four international partners creating a global cyberinfrastructure for scientific discovery 28 October 2020 The University of Bristol is one of four international institutions selected to form a partnership within the new National Science Foundation (NSF) project, Fabric Across Borders (FAB.
- Bristol one of four international partners creating a global cyberinfrastructure for scientific discovery 28 October 2020 The University of Bristol is one of four international institutions selected to form a partnership within the new National Science Foundation (NSF) project, Fabric Across Borders (FAB.
- New Government Taskforce to attract new vendors to UK telecoms 23 September 2020 Professor Dimitra Simeonidou, Director of Smart Internet Lab, has been appointed as a member to drive forward ongoing work to diversify the UK’s telecoms supply chain and reduce reliance on high-risk vendors. The line-up of the task force, which was announced by the Digital Secretary will advise on bold interventions to open up and grow the telecoms market following decision to ban Huawei.
- Smart Internet Lab commences 5G/MEC research collaboration with SRUK 23 April 2020 The University of Bristol's Smart Internet Lab has embarked on a new two-year research collaboration with Samsung Research (SRUK) on a project called MEC Mobility.
- Smart Internet Lab is transforming our region's network infrastructure 31 March 2020 Two new projects from the University of Bristol’s Smart Internet Lab are creating new and exciting changes to our region’s network infrastructure. The new projects are set to transform the manufacturing sector and advance rural connectivity, a critical capability for the UK government.
- INITIATE Is Open for Collaboration 14 January 2020 Potential collaborators are invited to pitch ideas to INITIATE, an EPSRC-funded project, led by the Smart Internet Lab at the University of Bristol, which is spearheading research into the future capabilities of the Internet.
- Catalonia chooses the University of Bristol as new smart city partner 16 December 2019 Catalonia’s Minister for Digital Policies and president of the i2CAT Foundation has signed a new partnership with the University of Bristol to advance smart city and 5G research and innovation in their city regions.
- University of Bristol partners with Ben-Gurion University 9 December 2019 The University of Bristol and the Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (BGU) in Israel has today [9 Dec] signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to collaborate on research and education in Telecommunications Networks, Cyber Security and Artificial Intelligence.
- Bristol academics elevated to Fellows of the IEEE 28 November 2019 Two University of Bristol academics have been elevated to Fellows of the world’s largest and most prestigious professional association for the advancement of technology.
- Smart Internet Lab and Brigstow Institute collaborate to enable holographic persona at the Simple Things Festival 18 October 2019 A unique collaboration by the University of Bristol’s Smart Internet Lab and Brigstow Institute and the Simple Things Festival 2019 will allow festival ticket holders to experience a world premiere artistic performance in a multi-user Virtual Reality (VR) experience.
- Protecting wireless networks from cyber-attacks receives £6.1 million funding boost 17 October 2019 Cyber security and wireless experts from academia and industry will join forces to tackle the growing threat posed to wireless networks by cyber-attacks, thanks to a £6.1 million funding boost from UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) and industry.