INITIATE Is Open for Collaboration 14 January 2020 Potential collaborators are invited to pitch ideas to INITIATE, an EPSRC-funded project, led by the Smart Internet Lab at the University of Bristol, which is spearheading research into the future capabilities of the Internet.
- Smart Internet Lab commences 5G/MEC research collaboration with SRUK 23 April 2020 The University of Bristol's Smart Internet Lab has embarked on a new two-year research collaboration with Samsung Research (SRUK) on a project called MEC Mobility.
- Smart Internet Lab is transforming our region's network infrastructure 31 March 2020 Two new projects from the University of Bristol’s Smart Internet Lab are creating new and exciting changes to our region’s network infrastructure. The new projects are set to transform the manufacturing sector and advance rural connectivity, a critical capability for the UK government.
- INITIATE Is Open for Collaboration 14 January 2020 Potential collaborators are invited to pitch ideas to INITIATE, an EPSRC-funded project, led by the Smart Internet Lab at the University of Bristol, which is spearheading research into the future capabilities of the Internet.
- Catalonia chooses the University of Bristol as new smart city partner 16 December 2019 Catalonia’s Minister for Digital Policies and president of the i2CAT Foundation has signed a new partnership with the University of Bristol to advance smart city and 5G research and innovation in their city regions.
- University of Bristol partners with Ben-Gurion University 9 December 2019 The University of Bristol and the Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (BGU) in Israel has today [9 Dec] signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to collaborate on research and education in Telecommunications Networks, Cyber Security and Artificial Intelligence.
- Bristol academics elevated to Fellows of the IEEE 28 November 2019 Two University of Bristol academics have been elevated to Fellows of the world’s largest and most prestigious professional association for the advancement of technology.
- Smart Internet Lab and Brigstow Institute collaborate to enable holographic persona at the Simple Things Festival 18 October 2019 A unique collaboration by the University of Bristol’s Smart Internet Lab and Brigstow Institute and the Simple Things Festival 2019 will allow festival ticket holders to experience a world premiere artistic performance in a multi-user Virtual Reality (VR) experience.
- Protecting wireless networks from cyber-attacks receives £6.1 million funding boost 17 October 2019 Cyber security and wireless experts from academia and industry will join forces to tackle the growing threat posed to wireless networks by cyber-attacks, thanks to a £6.1 million funding boost from UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) and industry.
- Bristol engineers elected as Fellows of the Royal Academy of Engineering 30 September 2019 Professors Dimitra Simeonidou and Jonathan Cooper from the University of Bristol’s Faculty of Engineering have been elected as Fellows of the Royal Academy of Engineering in recognition of their outstanding and continuing contributions to the profession.
- The 5G-Enabled Smart Tourism consortium showcase ground-breaking Augmented Reality technology at IBC2019 13 September 2019 Delegates at IBC2019 in Amsterdam this September (13th-17th) will have the opportunity to experience a live demonstration of the augmented reality (AR) application developed by BBC R&D and Aardman Animations, running over a simulated 5G network delivered by the University of Bristol's Smart Internet Lab, CCS and Zeetta Networks.