INITIATE Is Open for Collaboration 14 January 2020 Potential collaborators are invited to pitch ideas to INITIATE, an EPSRC-funded project, led by the Smart Internet Lab at the University of Bristol, which is spearheading research into the future capabilities of the Internet.
- INITIATE Is Open for Collaboration 14 January 2020 Potential collaborators are invited to pitch ideas to INITIATE, an EPSRC-funded project, led by the Smart Internet Lab at the University of Bristol, which is spearheading research into the future capabilities of the Internet.
- Catalonia chooses the University of Bristol as new smart city partner 16 December 2019 Catalonia’s Minister for Digital Policies and president of the i2CAT Foundation has signed a new partnership with the University of Bristol to advance smart city and 5G research and innovation in their city regions.
- University of Bristol partners with Ben-Gurion University 9 December 2019 The University of Bristol and the Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (BGU) in Israel has today [9 Dec] signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to collaborate on research and education in Telecommunications Networks, Cyber Security and Artificial Intelligence.
- Bristol academics elevated to Fellows of the IEEE 28 November 2019 Two University of Bristol academics have been elevated to Fellows of the world’s largest and most prestigious professional association for the advancement of technology.
- The 5G-Enabled Smart Tourism consortium showcase ground-breaking Augmented Reality technology at IBC2019 13 September 2019 Delegates at IBC2019 in Amsterdam this September (13th-17th) will have the opportunity to experience a live demonstration of the augmented reality (AR) application developed by BBC R&D and Aardman Animations, running over a simulated 5G network delivered by the University of Bristol's Smart Internet Lab, CCS and Zeetta Networks.
- Connect for the best view at this year’s Harbour Festival 19 July 2019 The University of Bristol's Smart Internet Lab is part of a consortium bringing tech innovation to this year’s Bristol Harbour Festival, giving visitors a 360° view of all three stages on their smartphones.
- Jamie Cullum leads world's first 5G music lesson 26 June 2019 Critically acclaimed musician and songwriter Jamie Cullum, led the world's first 5G music lesson from his piano at the two thousand year-old Roman Amphitheatre in London yesterday [Tuesday 25 June], playing live with amateur musicians in Bristol and Birmingham using 5G technology from the Smart Internet Lab at the University of Bristol, EE, King's College London and Digital Catapult.
- 5G Smart Tourism Project extended 13 June 2019 The University of Bristol’s Smart Internet Lab 5G Smart Tourism project has been extended including a public showcase at this year’s Bristol Harbour Festival.
- Bristol's 5G technology gives aspiring musicians chance to play live with Jamie Cullum 17 May 2019 The University of Bristol’s Smart Internet Lab is behind a landmark musical event that will see amateur musicians rehearse and perform live with platinum-selling artist, Jamie Cullum, from different venues across the UK – at the same time.
- Ground-breaking 5G-enabled tourism experience to be showcased 14 May 2019 The University of Bristol's Smart Internet Lab led the team behind the 5G-enabled Tourism Experience Catalyst project that will be showcased at this year's Digital Transformation World in Nice, France [Tuesday 14 - Thursday 16 May].