5G Smart Tourism trial takes Roman Baths to the future 18 December 2018 The first major trial of the 5G Smart Tourism project has taken place at the historic Roman Baths, where invited guests were able to immerse themselves in history using a virtual reality (VR)/augmented reality (AR) application enabled by 5th Generation Mobile network technology.
- 5G Smart Tourism trial takes Roman Baths to the future 18 December 2018 The first major trial of the 5G Smart Tourism project has taken place at the historic Roman Baths, where invited guests were able to immerse themselves in history using a virtual reality (VR)/augmented reality (AR) application enabled by 5th Generation Mobile network technology.
- Smart Internet Lab researcher wins ETSI Standard Award 7 December 2018 Anderson Bravalheri, a researcher in the University of Bristol’s High Performance Networks (HPN) Research Group and member of the Smart Internet Lab has been awarded the Outstanding Technical Contributor award from ETSI and Open Source MANO (OSM).
- Smart Internet Lab Researchers attend 2018 Global Mobile Broadband Forum 20 November 2018 The 2018 Global Mobile Broadband Forum (MBB) is currently taking place over 3 days (19-21 Nov) at the ExCeL Centre in London.
- Summer away-day marks a memorable year for the Smart Internet Lab! 31 July 2018 The Smart Lab summer social in late July 2018, was a well-deserved celebration of multiple achievements.
- First FLAME Summer School creates trailblazing digital innovation with immersive games and mobile media fun! 18 July 2018 The first FLAME Summer school, hosted at Engineers House by the University of Bristol, ran from the 11th – 13th July 2018.
- Smart Internet Lab hosts successful completion of EU project, 5G-XHaul 4 July 2018 The EU project 5G-XHaul concluded at the end of June 2018. The final event was organised by the Smart Internet Lab's High Performance Network Group (HPN) at the University of Bristol, UK.
- New report from Digital Catapult recognises Smart Internet Lab in 5G success story 26 June 2018 The Smart Internet Lab has been recognised as one of three key academic research specialists within the UK and as a concentrated 5G hub of established collaborative relationships between national and international institutions, authorities and industry.
- Bristol to collaborate with India on country’s first 5G Testbed 22 June 2018 The University’s Smart Internet Lab has entered into a strategic relationship with C-DOT (the Centre for Development of Telematics), an autonomous Telecom research and development centre supported by the Indian Government. The MoU was signed on the 20th June in the presence of senior members of Department of Telecommunications and Indian Minister Shri Manoj Sinha, Hon'ble Minister of State for Communications.
- Minister of DCMS, praises The University of Bristol's Smart Internet Lab & WECA for 5G innovation. 8 June 2018 Margot James, the UK Minister for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport met with members of the Smart Internet Lab and West of England Combined Authority (WECA) in a recent visit to Bristol.
- Radio 4 Interview with Professor Dimitra Simeondiou - Will 5G revolutionise our lives? 1 June 2018 Professor Dimitra Simeondiou discusses the implications of 5G with Evan Davis on BBC Radio 4's 'Bottom Line' programme.