Connect for the best view at this year’s Harbour Festival 19 July 2019 The University of Bristol's Smart Internet Lab is part of a consortium bringing tech innovation to this year’s Bristol Harbour Festival, giving visitors a 360° view of all three stages on their smartphones.
- Connect for the best view at this year’s Harbour Festival 19 July 2019 The University of Bristol's Smart Internet Lab is part of a consortium bringing tech innovation to this year’s Bristol Harbour Festival, giving visitors a 360° view of all three stages on their smartphones.
- Jamie Cullum leads world's first 5G music lesson 26 June 2019 Critically acclaimed musician and songwriter Jamie Cullum, led the world's first 5G music lesson from his piano at the two thousand year-old Roman Amphitheatre in London yesterday [Tuesday 25 June], playing live with amateur musicians in Bristol and Birmingham using 5G technology from the Smart Internet Lab at the University of Bristol, EE, King's College London and Digital Catapult.
- Bristol's 5G technology gives aspiring musicians chance to play live with Jamie Cullum 17 May 2019 The University of Bristol’s Smart Internet Lab is behind a landmark musical event that will see amateur musicians rehearse and perform live with platinum-selling artist, Jamie Cullum, from different venues across the UK – at the same time.
- Ground-breaking 5G-enabled tourism experience to be showcased 14 May 2019 The University of Bristol's Smart Internet Lab led the team behind the 5G-enabled Tourism Experience Catalyst project that will be showcased at this year's Digital Transformation World in Nice, France [Tuesday 14 - Thursday 16 May].
- Ground-breaking driverless car project showcases vision for Future Mobility 13 May 2019 The multi-organisational team behind the £5.5 million FLOURISH connected and autonomous vehicle (CAV) project is today [Monday 13 May] celebrating the completion of three years of collaborative research and development with the launch of its latest findings.
- Life Saving Technology using 5G-enabled Cameras 11 April 2019 New thermal imaging cameras designed to prevent drunk revellers from falling in canals and drowning at night are being installed by University of Bristol's Smart Internet Lab in Bristol Harbour.
- 'Orchestrating the Orchestra’ 5G enables musicians to perform across locations 14 March 2019 The public are invited to experience musicians perform a fully synchronised concert across venues in Bristol and London, using 5G Orchestration Technologies on Saturday 16th March.
- PhD student wins runner-up in prestigious competition in Beijing 13 March 2019 Michael Baddeley, an EPSRC CDT PhD student and a member of the High Performance Network (HPN) Research Group at the University of Bristol’s Smart Internet Lab, has won 2nd place in the 2019 International Conference on Embedded Wireless Systems and Networks (EWSN) Dependability Competition in Beijing, as part of a team from Toshiba Research Europe Ltd.
- Breakthrough research using quantum cryptography addresses security in 5G networks 7 March 2019 New research has demonstrated a ground-breaking solution for securing future critical communications infrastructures, including emerging 5G networks.
- £4.9M UKRI grant to fund UK Dark Fibre Research Facility for Future Internet Research 1 March 2019 National Dark Fibre Facility will enable researchers to create the communications technologies to power the future internet.