University of Bristol Postgraduate Research Scholarships
The Faculty of Engineering at the University of Bristol has a number of postgraduate research scholarships for which we invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for. Candidates should have a minimum 2:1 in a subject relevant to the scholarship area. The scholarships are open to all nationalities and are renewable for up to three and a half years subject to satisfactory progress.
The Faculty comprises the Departments of Aerospace Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Engineering Mathematics, and Mechanical Engineering. Applications are invited in any of these disciplines.
These scholarships are extremely competitive so applicants will need to demonstrate academic excellence and outstanding research potential. Applicants whose first language is not English will also need to have the requisite language qualifications.
Applications are invited for the academic year 2018/19. The closing date for applications is 22 January 2018.
- Read the “Before applying” section of the application page for admissions statements, entry requirements and frequently asked questions
- You will be asked to select a PhD programme by department, please select the department which best matches your research interests
- In the ‘Research Details’ section of the application form, please state the research group you are interested in working with
- In the Funding section, tick “I would like to be considered for a funding award from the Department” and specify the title of the scholarship in the “other” box below.
- Applications must be made online. Prospective candidates should confirm that they wish to apply for a scholarship by indicating this on the funding section of the online application. Scholarship candidates are required to have a letter of support from their proposed supervisor.
- In case of further queries please contact the Scholarship Admissions Team via email. Prospective candidates are also encouraged to contact potential supervisors regarding possible research projects (with the exception of those applying for a place within a Centre for Doctoral Training).