EPSRC Doctoral Training Partnerships
Summary of award
|Type of award||PhD Research Studentship|
|Department||Faculty of Engineering|
Covers tuition fees (at Home/EU rate), tax-free stipend of £14,296 pa (for 2016-17) plus a travel/consumables budget
|Eligibility||UK/EU applicants only;
First Class or Upper Second Class Honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject area
Applications are invited for fully funded EPSRC PhD studentships in the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Bristol. Applicants should be of outstanding quality and exceptionally motivated.
Bristol's engineering heritage is world famous, and the city continues to be an international leader in engineering. Working at the heart of this local industry, the Faculty of Engineering has attracted over £80 million in industrial and governmental research awards over the past five years, and has spent over £25 million on infrastructure and laboratory equipment that will keep it at the forefront of teaching and research.
The Faculty has six Departments and a number of multi-disciplinary research centres. Applications for PhD programmes in any of these departments are invited.
Details on all our research areas can be found on the research pages of the Faculty of Engineering website. Further EPSRC funding opportunities can also be found on the EPSRC Future Opportunities Fund website.
These EPSRC Doctoral Training Grants are open to applicants who are UK citizens, or EU citizens resident in the UK for at least 3 years. Applicants should hold or expect to obtain a First Class or Upper Second Class Honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject area. Available for Full Time or Part Time study.
The studentships are renewable for up to 3.5 years, subject to satisfactory progress, and will provide for tuition fees, a tax-free stipend (subject to annual increase) plus a travel/consumables budget.
Information enquiries may be made to the Graduate Education Team via email. Prospective candidates are also encouraged to contact potential supervisors regarding possible research projects.
To apply for this studentship submit a PhD application using our online application system.
- Read the “Before applying” section of the application page for admissions statements, entry requirements and frequently asked questions
- You will be asked to select a PhD programme by department, please select the department which best matches your research interests
- In the ‘Research Details’ section of the application form, please state the research group you are interested in working with
- In the Funding section, tick “I would like to be considered for a funding award from the Department” and specify the title of the scholarship in the “other” box below.
- Applications must be made online. The scholarships will remain available until the positions have been filled, but we would advise you to make your application ASAP to avoid disappointment. Prospective candidates should confirm that they wish to apply for a scholarship by indicating this on the funding section of the online application. Scholarship candidates are required to have a letter of support from their proposed supervisor.
- In case of further queries please contact the Graduate Education Team via email. Prospective candidates are also encouraged to contact potential supervisors regarding possible research projects (with the exception of those applying for a place within a Centre for Doctoral Training).