The China Scholarship Council Joint Scholarship
The Faculty of Engineering at the University of Bristol has a number of postgraduate research scholarships offered in combination with the China Scholarship Council programme, for which we invite suitably qualified candidates to apply.
The scholarships will provide students with a fee waiver for 3.5 years, subject to satisfactory progress.
Candidates should have a minimum 2:1 in a subject relevant to the scholarship area. The scholarships are open to applicants of the China Scholarship Council programme and are renewable for 3.5 years, subject to satisfactory progress.
Applicants are expected to apply for and receive a Scholarship from the China Scholarship Council for their stipends and living expenses.
The Faculty comprises the Departments of Aerospace Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Engineering Mathematics, and Mechanical Engineering. Applications are invited in any of these disciplines.
These scholarships are extremely competitive so applicants will need to demonstrate academic excellence and outstanding research potential. Applicants whose first language is not English will also need to have the requisite language qualifications.
Further details and guidance on these joint Scholarships Programme can be found on the Student Funding webpages.
Applications for this scholarship are now open. The deadline for applications is 18 January 2019.
- Read the "Before applying" section of the application page for admissions statements, entry requirements and frequently asked questions.
- You will be asked to select a PhD programme by department, please select the department which best matches your research interests.
- In the 'Research Details' section of the application form, please state the research group you are interested in working with.
- In the Funding section, tick "I would like to be considered for a funding award from the Department" and specify the title of the scholarship in the "other" box below.
- Please ensure that you indicate that you are a China Scholarships Council applicant on your application.
- Prospective candidates should confirm that they wish to apply for a scholarship by indicating this on the funding section of the online application. Scholarship candidates are required to have a letter of support from their proposed supervisor.
- In case of further queries please contact the Scholarship Admissions Team via email. Prospective candidates are also encourage to contact potential supervisors regarding possible research projects.