There are a number of scholarships specifically for Engineering PhD students listed below.
- University of Bristol Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- EPSRC Doctoral Training Partnerships
- China Scholarship Council Joint Scholarship
Candidates for any of these scholarship schemes need only submit one application. They will be considered for all scholarships for which they are eligible.
Centres for Doctoral Training studentships
Research scholarships and PhD vacancies
These include EPSRC Industrial CASE and Interdisciplinary scholarships.
- Nuclear Structural Integrity
- Future Space Missions and Sensors for CBRN Event Detection and Monitoring - supported by Thales Alenia Space (EPSRC Industrial CASE)
- Testing Agents for Verification of Autonomous Systems (PDF, 102kB)
- Dynamically Adaptive Cyber Security for Infrastructure Systems - supported by Airbus Group UK (EPSRC Industrial CASE)
- Bioimage Analysis of Background Fluorescence in Cells
- Flow Control using Tailored Permeable Surfaces - supported by Embraer
- Versatile Dual-Arm Manipulation - Learning and Generalising from Human Operators
- reinforcement learning techniques (PDF, 125kB) - supported by British Telecom
- Characterising Behaviour from Sensor Data (PDF, 123kB)
- Study on Design Allowables for Fibre-Steered Laminated Composites (PDF, 122kB) - supported by Embraer
If you have any questions about funding please contact the relevant school office:
School of Civil, Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering (CAME)
School of Computer Science, Electrical and Electronic Engineering and Engineering Mathematics (SCEEM)
Other PhDs opportunities are often available directly through the research groups and advertised on their websites.