There are a number of scholarships specifically for Engineering PhD students listed below.
- University of Bristol Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- China Scholarship Council Joint Scholarship
Candidates for any of these scholarship schemes need only submit one application. They will be considered for all scholarships for which they are eligible.
Recent awards from The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) recognise Bristol's academic excellence and multi-disciplinary research environment. Find out more about funded PhD programmes.
Research scholarships and PhD vacancies
These include EPSRC Industrial CASE and Interdisciplinary scholarships.
- Intelligent Testing to Verify Autonomous Systems (PDF, 122kB) - supported by Thales
- Aerodynamics an Aeroacoustics of Aerofoils at High Angles of Attack (PDF, 120kB)- supported by GE Dowty and Embraer
- reinforcement learning techniques (PDF, 125kB) - supported by British Telecom
- Multi-scale Characterisation of Residual Stress in AGR Fuel Cladding (PDF, 121kB)
- Low-frequency Vibration of Sandwich Composites (PDF, 128kB)
- Automated Sentencing for complex shaped CFRP components (PDF, 126kB)
- Ultrasonic Inspection for Complex Geometry (PDF, 141kB) supported by Rolls Royce
- Wearable Robotics for Healthcare (PDF, 134kB)
- Soft and Micro Robots for Exploration and Remediation Underground (PDF, 137kB) supported by BT
- Machine Learning for Hardware Design Verification (PDF, 121kB) - supported by Arm Ltd
- Intelligent Test Generation for Functional Verification (PDF, 120kB)
- Flood Resilient Bridge Modelling and Design (PDF, 116kB)
If you have any questions about funding please contact the relevant school office:
School of Civil, Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering (CAME)
School of Computer Science, Electrical and Electronic Engineering and Engineering Mathematics (SCEEM)
Other PhDs opportunities are often available directly through the research groups and advertised on their websites.