There are a number of scholarships specifically for Engineering PhD students listed below.
- University of Bristol Postgraduate Research Scholarships (Re-opens Dec 2018)
- EPSRC Doctoral Training Partnerships
- China Scholarship Council Joint Scholarship (Re-opens soon for 2018/19)
- Faculty of Engineering Dean's Scholarship (Re-opens Dec 2018)
Candidates for any of these scholarship schemes need only submit one application. They will be considered for all scholarships for which they are eligible.
Centres for Doctoral Training studentships
Research scholarships and PhD vacancies
These include EPSRC Industrial CASE and Interdisciplinary scholarships.
- Image fusion in the analysis of ocular inflammatory disease
- Explainable AI for Interacting Autonomous Agents
- Testing Agents for Verification of Autonomous Systems (PDF, 102kB)
- Future Aircraft Electric Generators Technologies - supported by Safran Electrical & Power
- Dynamically Adaptive Cyber Security for Infrastructure Systems - supported by Airbus Group UK (EPSRC Industrial CASE)
- Bioimage Analysis of Background Fluorescence in Cells
- Cyber Security of Supply Chains - supported by HMG
- Flow Control using Tailored Permeable Surfaces - supported by Embraer
- Versatile Dual-Arm Manipulation - Learning and Generalising from Human Operators
- Low Noise RF Amplification and Detection using Piezoelectric Optomechanical Platforms
- Effects of loss of constraint on fracture of stainless steel type 316 (EPSRC Industrial CASE)
- Insitu Processing of Composite Components using Computed Tomography
- Probabilistic Fracture Mechanics for Structural Integrity Assessment
If you have any questions about funding please contact the relevant school office:
School of Civil, Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering (CAME)
School of Computer Science, Electrical and Electronic Engineering and Engineering Mathematics (SCEEM)
Other PhDs opportunities are often available directly through the research groups and advertised on their websites.