There are a number of scholarships specifically for Engineering PhD students listed below.
- University of Bristol Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- EPSRC Doctoral Training Partnerships
- China Scholarship Council Joint Scholarship
Candidates for any of these scholarship schemes need only submit one application. They will be considered for all scholarships for which they are eligible.
SCEEM EPSRC DTP studentships
The School has a small number of DTP studentships available for outstanding students. Apply to choose from one of our available research projects, then complete an online application in Apply Yourself. The deadline for application is 15th March 2019. Find out more and apply.
Recent awards from The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) recognise Bristol's academic excellence and multi-disciplinary research environment. Find out more about funded PhD programmes.
Research scholarships and PhD vacancies
These include EPSRC Industrial CASE and Interdisciplinary scholarships.
- Nuclear Structural Integrity
- Testing Agents for Verification of Autonomous Systems (PDF, 102kB)
- Investigations of Large Fold Angles of a Semi Aeroelastic Hinged Wing Tip (PDF, 123kB) - supported by Airbus Operations Ltd (EPSRC Industrial CASE)
- Dynamically Adaptive Cyber Security for Infrastructure Systems (PDF, 125kB) - supported by Airbus Group UK (EPSRC Industrial CASE)
- Flow Control using Tailored Permeable Surfaces - supported by Embraer
- reinforcement learning techniques (PDF, 125kB) - supported by British Telecom
- Examining the Interface of Neuroscience and Robotics (PDF, 123kB)
- Flood Resilient Bridge Modelling and Design (PDF, 122kB)
- Towards Interpretable and Actionable Provenance-based Intrusion Reports (PDF, 124kB)
- Experimental Testing of Wing Loads Alleviation using Sloshing (PDF, 123kB)
- Characterising Behaviour from Sensor Data (PDF, 124kB)
- Multi-scale Characterisation of Residual Stress in AGR Fuel Cladding (PDF, 121kB)
- Low-frequency Vibration of Sandwich Composites (PDF, 128kB)
- Automated Sentencing for complex shaped CFRP components (PDF, 126kB)
- Wearable Robotics for Healthcare (PDF, 134kB)
If you have any questions about funding please contact the relevant school office:
School of Civil, Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering (CAME)
School of Computer Science, Electrical and Electronic Engineering and Engineering Mathematics (SCEEM)
Other PhDs opportunities are often available directly through the research groups and advertised on their websites.