The Bristol Composites Institute (ACCIS) graduation success
13 July 2018
The Bristol Composites Institute (ACCIS), the EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Advanced Composites for Innovation and Science (ACCIS CDT), and the Industrial Doctorate Centre in Composites Manufacture (IDC) celebrate the success of their recent graduates.
On Friday 13 July proud family members and academic supervisors gathered at the iconic Wills Memorial Building at 10:30am to watch as PhD and EngD students from the Bristol Composites Institute (ACCIS), ACCIS CDT, and the IDC were conferred their degrees.
After the graduation ceremony the new graduates and their families joined staff at the Merchant Venturers Building for the Department of Aerospace Engineering graduation lunch and prize giving ceremony. The lunch is an eagerly awaited occasion every year marking the culmination of many years of hard work on the part of the Department's undergraduate and postgraduate students.
In alphabetical order, the full list of graduates is provided below:
Mattia Di Francesco (2013 IDC cohort)
- Thesis title: Laser-assisted automated fibre placement process development
- Supervisors: Professor Kevin Potter and Dr Byung Chul Kim
- Industrial sponsor: National Composites Centre
Thomas Llewellyn-Jones (2012 ACCIS CDT cohort)
- Thesis title: Additive manufacture of composite materials with ultrasonically assembled reinforcement microstructure
- Supervisors: Professor Bruce Drinkwater and Dr Richard Trask
Camilla Osmiani (2012 ACCIS CDT cohort)
- Thesis title: Multi-scale characterisation and modelling of tufted composites
- Supervisors: Professor Ivana Partridge, Dr Giuliano Allegri and Dr Galal Mohamed
Sheril Rizal Vincent (in absentia)
- Thesis title: Manufacturing fibres using natural biomass resources
- Supervisors: Professor Kevin Potter and Dr Sameer Rahatekar
- Thesis title: A novel approach to reforming in - process scrap carbon fibre for high value applications: a techno-economic study
- Supervisors: Dr Carwyn Ward and Professor Kevin Potter