Demystifying promotions workshop
Dean of Engineering and Heads of Schools
Advised on confirmation of a place.
** This workshop is only open to Faculty of Engineering academics **
Following from feedback previous years, this is aimed at those considering accelerated progression, current Senior Lecturers and Readers wishing to find out more about the Promotions process and how it actually works. It will be particularly useful for those wishing to apply for promotion within the next couple of years.
The workshop includes:
- Clarification on what candidates will need to demonstrate in their CV and case documentation when applying for promotion;
- The processes involved
- Support that can be accessed;
- Signposting to guidance and top tips to follow;
- Confirming timescales and local processes; and
- The opportunity to sign up to a follow up CV Surgery to get feedback on your draft CV.
There are limited places available on this workshop and are available on a first come first served basis. Lunch will be available on arrival.
|Welcome and introduction||Professor Andrew Nix, Dean||12.35 - 12.45|
Professor Ian Bond (Head of QSE)
|12.45 - 1.05|
|Promotions Committee feedback and top tips||Professor Andrew Nix, Dean||1.05 - 1.20|
|Promotions timescales 2016 - 17 and Question and Answer||
Professor Andrew Nix, Dean.
|1.20 - 1.30|
To book a place please email firstname.lastname@example.org and specify any dietary requirements by midday on Thursday 13 October 2016.
The workshop will take place within the Faculty of Engineering and will be confirmed through notification of a successful place.