Dr Xiaojun Wang
Xiaojun’s research is anchored within sustainable supply chain management. His current research predominantly focuses on carbon efficient supply chains, eco-design, and data-driven supply chain management using applied operational research methodology including multiple criteria decision analysis, mixed integer linear programming, and game theory as well as empirical approaches such as surveys and case studies. His research outputs have been published in many international journals of high repute including Production and Operations Management, European Journal of Operational Research, Omega, International Journal of Production Economics, International Journal of Production Research, Journal of the Operational Research Society, and Technological Forecasting and Social Change. He is currently working on several research projects funded by a range of funding bodies including NERC, ESRC, the Royal Society, the Newton Fund, and the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC).
Xiaojun's research interests include sustainable supply chain management, innovations in operations management, risk assessment, e-business approaches, multi-criteria decision analysis, healthcare operations, and social media research. He is also keen on research topics related to eco-design and applications of traceability systems in the food sector.
Xiaojun's research area webpage
MGRCM2017: Operations Management
EFIM30014: Operations Management
Fields of interest
Sustainable Supply Chain, Operations Management, Risk Assessment, e-business, Applied Operational Research
- Chen, X, Wang, X & Chan, HK, 2016, Manufacturer and retailer coordination for environmental and economic competitiveness: a power perspective. Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review.
- Chen, X, Sheng, J, Wang, X & Deng, J, 2016, Exploring determinants of attraction and helpfulness of online product review: a consumer behaviour perspective. Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society.
- Chen, X, Wang, X, Kumar, V & Kumar, N, 2016, Low carbon warehouse management under cap-and-trade policy. Journal of Cleaner Production, vol 139., pp. 894?904
- Luo, Z, Chen, X, Chen, J & Wang, X, 2016, Optimal pricing policies for differentiated brands under different supply chain power structures. European Journal of Operational Research.
- Sheng, J, Amankwah-Amoah, J & Wang, X, 2016, A Multidisciplinary Perspective of Big Data in Business and Management Research. in: 43rd Academy of International Business (UK & Ireland Chapter) Conference., London
- Luo, Z, Chen, X & Wang, X, 2016, The role of co-opetition in low carbon manufacturing. European Journal of Operational Research, vol 253., pp. 392-403
- Chen, X, Wang, X & Chan, HK, 2015, Channel coordination through subsidy contract design in the mobile phone industry. International Journal of Production Economics, vol 171., pp. 97-104
- Chen, X, Wang, X & Jiang, X, 2015, The impact of power structure on retail service supply chain with an O2O mixed channel. Journal of the Operational Research Society, vol 67., pp. 294-301
- Wang, X, Chan, HK, Lee, C & Li, D, 2015, A hierarchical model for eco-design of consumer electronic products. Technological and Economic Development of Economy, vol 21., pp. 48-64
- Li, D & Wang, X, 2015, Dynamic supply chain decisions based on networked sensor data: An application in the chilled food retail chain. International Journal of Production Research.
- Chen, X & Wang, X, 2015, Effects of carbon emission reduction policies on transportation mode selections with stochastic demand. Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, vol 90., pp. 196-205
- Tidy, MS, Wang, X & Hall, M, 2015, The role of Supplier Relationship Management in reducing Greenhouse Gas emissions from food supply chains: Supplier engagement in the UK supermarket sector. Journal of Cleaner Production, vol 112., pp. 3294-3305
- Tidy, M, Wang, X & Hall, M, 2015, Prospects for on-farm anaerobic digestion as a renewable energy technology in the UK: learning from early adopters. International Journal of Business Performance and Supply Chain Modelling, vol 7., pp. 256-277
- Chan, H, Wang, X, Lacka, E & Zhang, M, 2015, A mixed-method approach to extract the value of social media data. Production and Operations Management, vol 25., pp. 568?583
- Wang, X, White, LA & Chen, X, 2015, Big Data Research for the Knowledge Economy: Past, Present, and Future. Industrial Management and Data Systems, vol 115., pp. 1566-1576
- Mohammed, A, White, G, Wang, X & Chan, HK, 2015, IT Adoption in the Social Care: a study of the factors that mediate technology adoption. Strategic Change .
- Chen, X & Wang, X, 2015, Free or bundled: channel selection decisions under different power structures. Omega: International Journal of Management Science, vol 53., pp. 11-20
- White, G, Wang, X & Li, D, 2015, Inter-Organisational Green Packaging Design: a case study of influencing factors and constraints in the automotive supply chain. International Journal of Production Research, vol 53., pp. 6551-6566
- Wang, X, 2015, A comprehensive decision making model for the evaluation of green operations initiatives. Technological Forecasting & Social Change, vol 95., pp. 191-207
- Wang, X, Chan, HK & Li, D, 2015, A case study of integrated fuzzy methodology for green product development. European Journal of Operational Research, vol 241., pp. 212-223
- Kanchanapibul, M, Lacka, E, Wang, X & Chan, HK, 2014, An empirical investigation of green purchase behaviour among the young generation. Journal of Cleaner Production, vol 66., pp. 528-536
- Wang, X, Chan, HK & White, LA, 2014, A comprehensive decision support model for the evaluation of eco-designs. Journal of the Operational Research Society, vol 65., pp. 917-934
- Li, D, Wang, X, Chan, HK & Manzini, R, 2014, Sustainable food supply chain management. International Journal of Production Economics, vol 152., pp. 1-8
- Chan, HK, Wang, X & Raffoni, A, 2014, An integrated approach for green design: Life-cycle, fuzzy AHP, and environmental management accounting. The British Accounting Review, vol 46., pp. 344-360
- Wang, X & Chan, HK, 2013, A hierarchical fuzzy TOPSIS approach to assess improvement area when implementing green supply chain initiatives. International Journal of Production Research, vol 51., pp. 3117-3130
- Wang, X & Durugbo, C, 2013, Analysing network uncertainty for industrial product-service delivery: a hybrid fuzzy approach. Expert Systems with Applications, vol 40., pp. 4621-4636
- Chan, H, Wang, X, White, G & Yip, N, 2013, An extended Fuzzy AHP approach for the evaluation of green product designs. IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, vol 60., pp. 327-339
- Huo, B, Chan, HK & Wang, X, 2013, An account for implementing Just-In-Time System: a case study of the Chinese Automotive Industry. International Journal of Engineering and Technology Innovation, vol 3., pp. 156-167
- Wang, X & Chan, HK, 2013, An integrated fuzzy approach for evaluating remanufacturing designs. Journal of Remanufacturing, vol 3., pp. 1-19
- Chan, HK & Wang, X, 2013, Fuzzy Hierarchical Model for risk assessment: principles, concepts, and practical applications. Springer London
- Wang, X, Chan, H, Yee, W & Diaz-Rainey, I, 2012, A two-stage Fuzzy-AHP model for risk assessment of implementing green initiatives in the fashion supply chain. International Journal of Production Economics, vol 135., pp. 595 - 606
- Wang, X & Li, D, 2012, A dynamic product quality evaluation enabled pricing model for perishable food supply chains. Omega: International Journal of Management Science, vol 40., pp. 906 - 917
- Durowoju, O, Chan, HK & Wang, X, 2012, Entropy assessment of supply chain disruption: an information flow perspective. Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management, vol 23., pp. 988-1014
- Wang, X, LI, D & Shi, X, 2012, A fuzzy enabled model for aggregative food safety risk assessment in food supply chains. Production Planning and Control, vol 23(5)., pp. 377 - 395
- Durowoju, O, Chan, H & Wang, X, 2011, The impact of security and scalability of cloud service on supply chain performance. Journal of Electronic Commerce Research, vol 12(4)., pp. 243 - 256
- Wang, X, Li, D, O'Brien, C & Li, Y, 2010, A production planning model to reduce risk and improve operations management. International Journal of Production Economics, vol 124., pp. 463 - 474
- Wang, X, Li, D & O'Brien, C, 2009, Optimisation of traceability and operations planning: an integrated model for perishable food production. International Journal of Production Research, vol 47., pp. 2865 - 2886
- Wang, X, Li, D & Li, L, 2009, Adding value of food traceability to the business: a supply chain management approach. International Journal of Services Operations and Informatics, vol 4(3)., pp. 232 - 257
Full publications list in the University of Bristol publications system