Professor Sarah Smith
Applied Microeconomics/ Public Policy
- Smith, SL & Raihani, N 2015, Competitive helping in online giving. Current Biology.
- McCormack, J, Propper, C & Smith, SL 2014, Herding cats? Management and university performance. The Economic Journal, vol 124., pp. F534-F564
- Andreoni, J, Payne, A & Smith, SL 2013, Do grants to charities crowd out other income? Evidence from the UK. Journal of Public Economics.
- Smith, SL, Windmeijer, F & Wright, EW 2013, Peer effects in charitable giving: Evidence from the (running) field. The Economic Journal.
- Holcombe, E, Smith, S, Wright, EW & Anderson, M 2012, An integrated approach for evaluating the effectiveness of landslide hazard reduction in vulnerable communities in the Caribbean. Natural Hazards, vol 61., pp. 351 - 385
- Brewer, M, Ratcliffe, A & Smith, S 2012, Does welfare reform affect fertility? Evidence from the UK. Journal of Population Economics, vol 25., pp. 245-266
- Dickson, M & Smith, S 2011, What Determines the Return to Education: An Extra Year or a Hurdle Cleared?. Economics of Education Review, vol 30., pp. 1167 - 1176
- Gregg, P, Grout, P, Ratcliffe, A, Smith, S & Windmeijer, F 2011, How important is pro-social behaviour in the delivery of public services?. Journal of Public Economics, vol 95., pp. 758 - 766
- Gregg, P, Harkness, S & Smith, S 2009, Welfare Reform and Lone Parents in the UK. The Economic Journal, vol 119 ., pp. F38 - F65
- Smith, S 2006, The Retirement-Consumption Puzzle and Involuntary Early Retirement: Evidence from the British Household Panel Survey. The Economic Journal, vol 116 (510)., pp. C130 - C148
- Banks, J & Smith, S 2006, Retirement in the UK. Oxford Review of Economic Policy, vol 22(1)., pp. 40 - 56
- Smith, S 2006, Persistency of pension contributions in the UK: evidence from the British Household Panel Survey. Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, vol 5(3)., pp. 257 - 274
- Disney, R, Emmerson, C & Smith, S 2004, Pension Reform and Economic Performance in Britain in the 1980s and 1990s. in: Blundell , Card , Freeman (eds) Creating a Premier League Economy. University of Chicago Press
- Blundell, R, Meghir, C & Smith, S 2004, Pensions and Retirement in the UK. in: Gruber , Wise (eds) Social Security around the World. University of Chicago Press
- Attanasio, O, Banks, J & Smith, S 2002, Asset Holding and Consumption Volatility. Journal of Political Economy, vol 110 (4)., pp. 771 - 792
- Disney, R & Smith, S 2002, The Labour Supply Effect of the Abolition of the Earnings Rule for Older Workers in the United Kingdom. The Economic Journal, vol 112 (478)., pp. C136 - C152
- Banks, J & Smith, S 2002, Household Portfolios in the United Kingdom. in: Guiso , Haliassos , Jappelli (eds) Household Portfolios. MIT Press
- Blundell, R, Meghir, C & Smith, S 2002, Pension Incentives and the Pattern of Early Retirement. The Economic Journal, vol 112 (478)., pp. C153 - C170
Full publications list in the University of Bristol publications system