Professor Sarah Smith
Applied Microeconomics/ Public Policy
- Smith, SL, Crossley, T & Low, H, 2016, Do consumers gamble to convexify?. Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization.
- Scharf, K & Smith, SL, 2016, Relational Altruism and Giving in Social Groups. Journal of Public Economics.
- Smith, S & Sanders, M, 2016, Can simple prompts increase bequest giving?: Field Evidence from a legal call centre. The Journal of Economic Behavior and Organisation.
- Raihani, NJ & Smith, S, 2015, Competitive helping in online giving. Current Biology, vol 25., pp. 1183-1186
- Smith, SL, Windmeijer, F & Wright, EW, 2015, Peer effects in charitable giving: Evidence from the (running) field. The Economic Journal, vol 125., pp. 1053-1071
- Disney, R, Ratcliffe, A & Smith, S, 2015, Booms, busts and retirement timing. Economica, vol 82.
- Scharf, K & Smith, S, 2015, The price elasticity of charitable giving: Does the form of tax relief matter?. International Tax and Public Finance, vol 22.
- Andreoni, J, Payne, A & Smith, SL, 2013, Do grants to charities crowd out other income? Evidence from the UK. Journal of Public Economics.
- McCormack, J, Propper, C & Smith, SL, 2013, Herding cats? Management and university performance. The Economic Journal, vol 124., pp. F534-F564
- Brewer, M, Ratcliffe, A & Smith, S, 2012, Does welfare reform affect fertility? Evidence from the UK. Journal of Population Economics, vol 25., pp. 245-266
- Holcombe, E, Smith, S, Wright, EW & Anderson, M, 2012, An integrated approach for evaluating the effectiveness of landslide hazard reduction in vulnerable communities in the Caribbean. Natural Hazards, vol 61., pp. 351 - 385
- Gregg, P, Grout, P, Ratcliffe, A, Smith, S & Windmeijer, F, 2011, How important is pro-social behaviour in the delivery of public services?. Journal of Public Economics, vol 95., pp. 758 - 766
- Dickson, M & Smith, S, 2011, What Determines the Return to Education: An Extra Year or a Hurdle Cleared?. Economics of Education Review, vol 30., pp. 1167 - 1176
- Gregg, P, Harkness, S & Smith, S, 2009, Welfare Reform and Lone Parents in the UK. The Economic Journal, vol 119 ., pp. F38 - F65
- Banks, J & Smith, S, 2006, Retirement in the UK. Oxford Review of Economic Policy, vol 22(1)., pp. 40 - 56
- Smith, S, 2006, The Retirement-Consumption Puzzle and Involuntary Early Retirement: Evidence from the British Household Panel Survey. The Economic Journal, vol 116 (510)., pp. C130 - C148
- Smith, S, 2006, Persistency of pension contributions in the UK: evidence from the British Household Panel Survey. Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, vol 5(3)., pp. 257 - 274
- Disney, R, Emmerson, C & Smith, S, 2004, Pension Reform and Economic Performance in Britain in the 1980s and 1990s. in: Blundell , Card , Freeman (eds) Creating a Premier League Economy. University of Chicago Press
- Blundell, R, Meghir, C & Smith, S, 2004, Pensions and Retirement in the UK. in: Gruber , Wise (eds) Social Security around the World. University of Chicago Press
- Attanasio, O, Banks, J & Smith, S, 2002, Asset Holding and Consumption Volatility. Journal of Political Economy, vol 110 (4)., pp. 771 - 792
- Disney, R & Smith, S, 2002, The Labour Supply Effect of the Abolition of the Earnings Rule for Older Workers in the United Kingdom. The Economic Journal, vol 112 (478)., pp. C136 - C152
- Banks, J & Smith, S, 2002, Household Portfolios in the United Kingdom. in: Guiso , Haliassos , Jappelli (eds) Household Portfolios. MIT Press
- Blundell, R, Meghir, C & Smith, S, 2002, Pension Incentives and the Pattern of Early Retirement. The Economic Journal, vol 112 (478)., pp. C153 - C170
Full publications list in the University of Bristol publications system