Browse/search for people
Professor Mark Clatworthy
Professor Mark Clatworthy
Professor of Accounting
Mark Clatworthy is Professor of Accounting and Head of the Department of Accounting and Finance.
Mark's research interests lie in the field of financial reporting, including the links between accounting information and capital markets and audit markets. He is associate editor of Accounting and Business Research and is an editorial board member of Accounting in Europe and the Spanish Journal of Finance and Accounting. Mark teaches in the areas of financial reporting and accounting and capital markets at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
ACCG30012: Financial Reporting
MSc Accounting and Capital Markets
- Cascino, S, Clatworthy, M, Osma, BG, Gassen, J, Imam, S & Jeanjean, T 2014, Who Uses Financial Reports and for What Purpose?: Evidence from Capital Providers. Accounting in Europe., pp. 1-25
- Clatworthy, MA & Peel, M 2013, The Impact of Voluntary Audit and Governance Characteristics on Accounting Errors in Private Companies. Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, vol 32., pp. 1-25
- Clatworthy, MA, Peel, D & Pope, P 2012, Are Analysts’ Loss Functions Asymmetric?. Journal of Forecasting, vol 31., pp. 736-756
- Clatworthy, MA, Pong, C & Wong, W 2012, Auditor Quality Effects on the Relationship between Accruals, Cash Flows and Equity Returns: A Variance Decomposition Analysis. Accounting and Business Research., pp. 419-440
Read more >
- Clatworthy, M 2014, Book review: Financial Statement Fraud Casebook: Baking the Ledgers and Cooking the Books. Accounting in Europe, vol 11., pp. 139-141
- Baylis, R & Clatworthy, MA 2014, Competition in the Market for Audit Services. in: Carey Cooper (eds) Wiley Encyclopedia of Management: 3rd Edition. Chichester: John Wiley
- Cascino, S, Clatworthy, MA, Osma, BG, Gassen, J, Imam, S & Jeanjean, T 2013, Different Perspectives. CA Magazine, vol 117., pp. 42-43
- Beynon, M & Clatworthy, MA 2013, A Fuzzy Based Approach to Residual Income Valuation. Review of Quantitative Finance & Accounting, vol 40., pp. 675-690
- Cascino, S, Clatworthy, MA, Osma, BG, Gassen, J, Imam, S & Jeanjean, T 2013, The Use of Information by Capital Providers: Academic Literature Review . Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS) and European Financial Reporting Advisory Group (EFRAG)
- Clatworthy, MA & Baylis, R 2012, Fair Value Reporting. Accountancy, vol May.
- Clatworthy, MA, Makepeace, G & Peel, M 2009, Selection Bias and the Big Four Premium: New evidence using Heckman and Matching Models. Accounting and Business Research, vol 39., pp. 139-166
- Clatworthy, MA & Jones, MJ 2008, Overseas equity analysis by UK analysts and fund managers. The British Accounting Review, vol 40., pp. 337 - 355
- Clatworthy, MA, Mellett, H & Peel, M 2008, Changes in NHS Trust Audit and non Audit Fees. Public Money and Management, vol 28., pp. 199-205
- Clatworthy, MA, Peel, D & Pope, P 2007, Evaluating the Properties of Analysts’ Forecasts: A Bootstrap Approach. The British Accounting Review., pp. 3-13
- Clatworthy, MA & Peel, M 2007, The Effect of Corporate Status on External Audit Fees: Evidence from the UK. Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, vol 34., pp. 169-201
- Clatworthy, MA & Jones, MJ 2006, Differential Financial Reporting Patterns in Accounting Narratives: Evidence from Profitable and Unprofitable Companies. Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, vol 19., pp. 493-511
- Clatworthy, MA 2005, Transnational Equity Analysis. Chichester: John Wiley
- Beynon, M, Clatworthy, MA & Jones, MJ 2004, The Prediction of Profitability Using Accounting Narratives: A Variable Precision Rough Sets Approach. Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and Management, vol 12., pp. 227-242
- Clatworthy, MA & Jones, MJ 2003, Financial Reporting of Good News and Bad News: Evidence from Accounting Narratives. Accounting and Business Research, vol 33., pp. 171-185
- Clatworthy, MA, Mellett, H & Peel, M 2002, The Market for Audit Services in the Public Sector: An Empirical Analysis of NHS Trusts. Journal of Business Finance & Accounting., pp. 1399-1440
- Peel, M & Clatworthy, MA 2001, The Relationship Between Governance Structure and Audit Fees Pre-Cadbury: Some Empirical Findings. Corporate Governance: An International Review, vol 9., pp. 286-297
- Clatworthy, MA & Jones, MJ 2001, The Effect of Thematic Structure on the Variability of Annual Report Readability. Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, vol 14., pp. 311
- Clatworthy, MA, Mellett, H & Peel, M 2000, Corporate Governance Under ‘New Public Management’ – An Exemplification. Corporate Governance: An International Review, vol 8., pp. 166-176
Edit this profile If you are Professor Mark Clatworthy, you can edit this page. Login required.