Dr Humphrey Bourne
Humphrey Bourne's research interests focus on values in organisations and on organisational identity. Areas of particular interest include: the evolution of organisational values; the relationship between organisational values and members' personal values; values and organisational processes; methods for researching values in organisations; and organisational identity re-construction following disruptive events such as merger or acquisition.
Humphrey's research area webpage
ECON30083: Strategic Management (BSc)
MGRCM1001: Strategic Management (MSc Management)
ECONM2025: Strategic Management (MSc AFM, MSc EFM)
MGRCM1401: The Context of Strategic Management
MGRCM1402: Strategy and Strategic Management
Fields of interest
Values in organisations, Organisational identity
- Bourne, RHL, Jenkins, M & Parry, E 2014, The power of words: Charting espoused organizational values.
- Bourne, H & Jenkins, M 2013, Organizational values: A dynamic perspective. Organization Studies, vol 34., pp. 495-514
- Wen, S & Bourne, H 2012, Change in espoused organizational values: An institutional persepective.
- Bourne, R 2009, Report on Values. Monmouthshire County Council
- Bourne, R & Jenkins, M 2009, The dynamics of values in organizations. in: Academy of Management Conference, Chicago, USA.
- Bourne, RHL & Jenkins, M 2008, Values in Organizations.
- Phillips, R & Bourne, R 2008, The impact of worker values on client outcomes within a drug treatment service. International Journal of Drug Policy, vol 19., pp. 33 - 41
- White, L & Bourne, R 2007, Voices and values: linking values with participation in OR/MS in public policy making. Omega: International Journal of Management Science, vol 35 (5)., pp. 588 - 603
- Phillips, R & Bourne, R 2007, The impact of worker values on client outcomes within a drug treatment service. University of Bristol
- Phillips, R & Bourne, R 2007, The impact of worker values on client outcomes within a drug treatment service.
- Bourne, R & Jenkins, M 2005, Eliciting Managers' Personal Values: An Adaptation of the Laddering Interview Method. Organizational Research Methods, vol 8 (4)., pp. 410 - 428
- Bourne, R & Jenkins, M 2004, Rejected values: Pointers to priorities in organizations. in: Creating Actionable Knowledge: Academy of Management Annual Meeting, New Orleans, 9-11 August., pp. 1 - 28
- Bourne, R & Jenkins, M 2003, Sharing values differently: a study of the relationship between personal and corporate values. in: Democracy in a Knowledge Economy: Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Seattle, 4-6 August. Academy of Management, pp. 1 - 37
- Bourne, R & Jenkins, M 2001, Eliciting Personal Values of Senior Managers: A Development of the Laddering Technique. in: Academy of Management Conference.
- Bourne, R & Jenkins, M 2001, Using Laddering to Explore Managers' Personal Values: Method, Findings and Implications. in: EIASM 8th Workshop on Managerial and Organisational Cognition.
- Bourne, R 1999, Managers, Personal Values and Corporate Values. in: EDAMBA Summer School.
- Bourne, R & Jenkins, M 1999, Managers and their Values: Towards a Research Agenda. in: British Academy of Management Conference.
- Bourne, R 1999, Pricing: The Strategic Implications. Management Accounting, vol 77., pp. 26
- Bourne, R & Szmigin, I 1999, Electronic Cash: A Qualitative Assessment of its Adoption. International Journal of Bank Marketing, vol 17., pp. 192 - 202
- Bourne, R & Szmigin, I 1998, Consumer Equity in Relationship Marketing. Journal of Consumer Marketing, vol 15., pp. 544 - 555
- Bourne, R & Raimond, P 1997, Rethinking Strategy for an Interconnected World: The Role of the Individual. in: Strategic Management Society, 17th Annual Conference.
- Bourne, R 1997, Segmenting Markets by Relational Criteria: Towards a Conceptual Framework. in: Academy of Marketing Conference.
- Bourne, R 1997, The Marketing of Products and Services. in: G Selim (eds) Advanced Management. The Institute of Internal Auditors United Kingdom
- Bourne, R 1993, Managing Marketing on a Shoestring. in: Health Services Marketing Group Conference.
- Bourne, R 1993, Introducing Marketing in the Services Sector. in: Marketing Education Group Conference.
- Bourne, R & Miles, C 1993, Health Service Marketing: Its place in the Organisational Structure. Health Services Management Journal, vol 89.
- Bourne, R 1992, Marketing for Healthcare Providers. in: Health Services Marketing Group Inaugural Conference.
Full publications list in the University of Bristol publications system