Professor Giovanna Michelon appointed to the European Accounting Association Management Committee 11 June 2020 University of Bristol Professor of Accounting, Giovanna Michelon, has been appointed to the European Accounting Association Management Committee, effective May 29.
- Analysing the gender balance of childcare during COVID-19 lockdown 11 June 2020 Professor Sarah Smith, Head of Economics, and Professor Almudena Sevilla of UCL analysed new survey data to explore the gender balance of childcare during lockdown.
- Professor Giovanna Michelon appointed to the European Accounting Association Management Committee 11 June 2020 University of Bristol Professor of Accounting, Giovanna Michelon, has been appointed to the European Accounting Association Management Committee, effective May 29.
- Industry practitioners offer insight during virtual lecture 6 May 2020 As a kick-off to students’ group coursework, Dr Tobias Dieler, Lecturer in Finance, had three industry practitioners visit a lecture in Banking for second- and third-year undergraduate students.
- Dr Pavel Kuchar wins Prize for Interdisciplinary Research in the History of Economic Thought and Methodology 6 May 2020 Last month, Pavel Kuchar, Lecturer in History of Economics, was awarded the Warren Samuels Prize for Interdisciplinary Research in the History of Economic Thought and Methodology.
- Former Bristol BSc Economics and Accounting student appointed Finance Minister of Malaysia 16 March 2020 The group Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director of CIMB Group Holdings, alumnus Bhd Tengku Datuk Seri Zafrul Tengku Aziz (BSc 1996), has been appointed as the Finance Minister by Malaysian Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin [on 9 March].
- Professor Palie Smart wins award for research on sustainability 3 March 2020 A paper co-authored by Management’s Head of School, Professor Palie Smart, has won an award from the Journal of Product Innovation Management (JPIM).
- Professor of Management Accounting appointed Editor of top accounting journal 2 March 2020 University of Bristol Professor of Management Accounting, Chris Chapman, has been appointed as one of the new team of editors who will handle submissions to The Accounting Review for the coming three years from 1st June.
- Dr Sami Stouli appointed to Government What Works Trial Advice Panel 18 February 2020 Sami Stouli, Lecturer in Economics, University of Bristol, has been appointed to the What Works Trial Advice Panel (TAP) to improve the quality and quantity of impact evaluation across central government.
- University of Bristol, first to recruit a Chair in the Public Understanding of Economics 18 February 2020 The University of Bristol is seeking the appointment of a new professorial role to improve the communication of economics to internal and external audiences.
- Dr Patrick Arni awarded funding for Swiss National Research project SWISSLAB 7 February 2020 Dr Patrick Arni, Economics Senior Lecturer, has been awarded funding for a project on the National Research Programme “Digital Transformation” of the Swiss National Research Council