Stephanie von Hinke awarded European Research Council (ERC) Starting Grant 6 September 2019 Stephanie von Hinke has been awarded a European Research Council (ERC) Starting Grant to work on the project "Developmental Origins: exploring the Nature-Nurture Interplay".
- Celebrating success at the Faculty Scholarship and prizes presentation 17 October 2019 The fourth annual Faculty of Social Sciences and Law Scholarships and Prizes event took place in the Wills Memorial Building on 14th October. It celebrated some of the fantastic achievements of students in the Faculty who have won prizes, scholarships and prizes over the year.
- New research supported by University of Bristol reveals impact of marketing technology within organisations 14 October 2019 The global marketing technology (martech) market is now valued at an estimated $121.5 billion, representing a year-on-year increase of 22%, finds international accountancy and business advisory firm BDO, and WARC, the worldwide authority on advertising and media effectiveness. This and other key findings are included in their ‘Martech: 2020 and beyond’ report, published today.
- Women in Economics 4 October 2019 A series of afternoon talks by four prominent female economists showed young female students why women need economics, and economics needs women.
- Dr Steven Proud awarded for Outstanding Contributions to Economics Education 24 September 2019 The Economics Network presented the prestigious award to Dr Steven Proud at the Developments in Economics Education Conference earlier this month.
- Welcome to Economics! 19 September 2019 The Department of Economics extends a warm welcome to all our of new students and staff joining us this year.
- Department of Management supports students to take action against climate change 17 September 2019 Bristol Energy Network and the University of Bristol’s Department of Management will be joining the strike on College Green on Friday, 20th September.
- Stephanie von Hinke awarded European Research Council (ERC) Starting Grant 6 September 2019 Stephanie von Hinke has been awarded a European Research Council (ERC) Starting Grant to work on the project "Developmental Origins: exploring the Nature-Nurture Interplay".
- Dr Stephen Lyne to retire after 40 years with Bristol 28 August 2019 At the end of August, Dr Steve Lyne is set to retire from his position at the Department of Accounting & Finance. He has been with the University of Bristol for over 40 years.
- New research from the University of Bristol reveals that children are being targeted for online gambling 22 August 2019 New research published by Department of Management and Demos reveals 28% of those retweeting or replying to esports betting tweets in the UK are children under 16. The report calls for tech companies to make better use of age verification tools and adtech to screen out children from gambling ads.
- Professor Palie Smart appointed Head of the School of Management 13 August 2019 The University of Bristol has appointed Professor Palie Smart as Head of the School of Management, ahead of its formal launch in 2020.