Bristol economics graduates enjoy the highest financial return of any degree 28 November 2018 New research from the Institute for Fiscal Studies, published by the Department for Education, provides detailed analysis of the returns to studying for a degree, by subject and institution.
- Beyond Lectures and Seminars 29 November 2018 Alvin Birdi (Professor of Economics Education) and Christian Spielmann (Reader in Economics Education) have been interviewed on innovative teaching methods using webinars, podcasts and interactive computer labs.
- Bristol economics graduates enjoy the highest financial return of any degree 28 November 2018 New research from the Institute for Fiscal Studies, published by the Department for Education, provides detailed analysis of the returns to studying for a degree, by subject and institution.
- Yanos Zylberberg to be Co-Investigator for NERC/ESRC joint research programme 28 November 2018 Congratulations to Yanos who will be the Co-Investigator in this joint project with the Department of Geographical Sciences.
- Celebrating women pioneers 27 November 2018 Bristol has marked 100 years of women's suffrage with a series of photos celebrating the history of women at the University. The photos, unveiled last week at an event on Women and Equality: the next 100 years, include Mary Paley - a pioneer in economics who was Bristol's first woman lecturer.
- Transitions for sustainable consumption after the Paris Agreement 22 November 2018 The Paris Agreement’s commitment to keep average global temperature change below 1.5℃ recognises that "sustainable lifestyles and sustainable patterns of consumption and production" need to be a part of climate change policy, but their potential has yet to be acted upon.
- Professor Palie Smart writes about the policy implications of her research on industrial sustainability 20 November 2018 Industrial sustainability has been established as a core tenet of the UK’s Industrial Strategy. The Government’s Clean Growth agenda sets out a new narrative that embraces research and innovation to support the development of a regenerative, restorative and net positive economy.
- Professor Ellwood presents at the 'Sex, Politics and Policy' event 15 November 2018 Professor Sheila Ellwood, Professor of Financial Reporting in the Department of Accounting and Finance, presented at the 'Sex, Politics and Policy' event at the House of Lords hosted by Lord Bichard on Wednesday 7th November.
- How fair is the education system in England? 13 November 2018 Simon Burgess, Professor of Economics in the Department of Economics, evaluates equity in education.
- Festival of Economics 2018 31 October 2018 The Festival of Economics comes to Bristol Wednesday 7th – Saturday 10 November 2018, We the Curious (At-Bristol)
- Department of Economics welcomes new colleagues 29 October 2018 We are welcoming several new members of staff to the Department of Economics this term.