Brexit wasn’t triggered by the old and unhappy 15 April 2019 Research conducted by Professor Eugenio Proto, the University of Warwick and ETH Zurich reveals that those who described themselves as 'finding it very difficult' were 13 percent more likely to vote for Brexit than those ‘living comfortably’.
- Bristol ranked in the world's top 50, new league table reveals 20 June 2019 The University of Bristol has risen two places to 49th in the QS World University Rankings 2020 released on June 19th.
- Postgraduate Virtual Visit Day 13 June 2019 The virtual visit day for MSc Economics which took place last week is available to stream on-demand.
- Guardian ranks University of Bristol in top 20 for Management 12 June 2019 The Department of Management are delighted to be ranked in the top 20 in the UK for their discipline, making them one of the top 10 Russell Group universities for Management, according to the latest Guardian University Guide 2020.
- Undergraduate Open Days 2019 11 June 2019 The University of Bristol open days take place this weekend on Friday 14th and Saturday 15th June 2019. The open days are free to attend but you will need to book your place in advance. Our school will have an information stand at Beacon House and we are hosting subject specific talks for our different departments: Economics, Management or Accounting and Finance. See below for more details and to sign up.
- PhD bursaries in the Department of Economics 6 June 2019 The Department of Economics at the University of Bristol is pleased to invite applications for one or more MRes/PhD bursaries in economics. Successful applicants will study for the 12-month MRes Economics degree, followed by a PhD in Economics. They will receive a full fee waiver plus a stipend of £15,000 per year for up to four years in total as well as undertaking teaching duties within the Department.
- Round up of the 3rd Bristol Workshop on Banking and Financial Intermediation 31 May 2019 The Banking Group of the Department of Accounting and Finance ran for the third time, very successfully, the "Bristol Workshop on Banking and Financial Intermediation". Read our summary with photos from the event.
- Teaching Awards: Economics Student Nominations 30 May 2019 Nominations are now open for 'Best Lecturer' and 'Best Class Teacher'
- New research co-authored by Department of Management Lecturer reveals impact of cashless society on deprived communities 21 May 2019 New research from the University of Bristol's Personal Finance Research Centre shows deprived neighbourhoods, often those where people are most likely to rely on cash, are rapidly witnessing the disappearance of their free cash points.
- Contract Theory workshop with keynote lecture by Nobel laureate Oliver Hart 17 May 2019 This keynote lecture and two day workshop on Contract Theory is jointly organised by the School of Economics, Finance and Management and University of Bristol Law School.
- 3rd Bristol Workshop on Banking and Financial Intermediation 17 May 2019 The Banking Research Group at the Department of Accounting and Finance are delighted to host another workshop on Banking and Financial Intermediation on May 24th, with talks from a wide range of visiting experts.