Former Bristol BSc Economics and Accounting student appointed Finance Minister of Malaysia 16 March 2020 The group Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director of CIMB Group Holdings, alumnus Bhd Tengku Datuk Seri Zafrul Tengku Aziz (BSc 1996), has been appointed as the Finance Minister by Malaysian Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin [on 9 March].
- Former Bristol BSc Economics and Accounting student appointed Finance Minister of Malaysia 16 March 2020 The group Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director of CIMB Group Holdings, alumnus Bhd Tengku Datuk Seri Zafrul Tengku Aziz (BSc 1996), has been appointed as the Finance Minister by Malaysian Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin [on 9 March].
- Professor Palie Smart wins award for research on sustainability 3 March 2020 A paper co-authored by Management’s Head of School, Professor Palie Smart, has won an award from the Journal of Product Innovation Management (JPIM).
- Professor of Management Accounting appointed Editor of top accounting journal 2 March 2020 University of Bristol Professor of Management Accounting, Chris Chapman, has been appointed as one of the new team of editors who will handle submissions to The Accounting Review for the coming three years from 1st June.
- Dr Sami Stouli appointed to Government What Works Trial Advice Panel 18 February 2020 Sami Stouli, Lecturer in Economics, University of Bristol, has been appointed to the What Works Trial Advice Panel (TAP) to improve the quality and quantity of impact evaluation across central government.
- University of Bristol, first to recruit a Chair in the Public Understanding of Economics 18 February 2020 The University of Bristol is seeking the appointment of a new professorial role to improve the communication of economics to internal and external audiences.
- Dr Patrick Arni awarded funding for Swiss National Research project SWISSLAB 7 February 2020 Dr Patrick Arni, Economics Senior Lecturer, has been awarded funding for a project on the National Research Programme “Digital Transformation” of the Swiss National Research Council
- Dr Sami Stouli awarded ESRC New Investigator Grant 7 February 2020 Sami Stouli, Economics Lecturer has been awarded a New Investigator Grant by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) to support his research.
- Department of Economics Highlights of 2019 14 January 2020 As we say goodbye to 2019 and enter the exciting prospects of a new year and decade, we take a look back at some of the Department’s highlights from the last year.
- Bristol Marketing Students Help Children Support Nature In Their Own Backyards 10 January 2020 The University of Bristol’s Department of Management is excited to announce a new partnership with the Iceland Foods Charitable Foundation (IFCF)and social enterprise Semble.
- Management’s Professor Dale Southerton appointed to Climate Assembly UK panel 10 January 2020 Climate Assembly UK was commissioned by the House of Commons in response to the Government’s commitment to meet net zero carbon emissions by 2050.