Students registered on the following programmes are required to choose optional/open units:
- BSc Accounting and Finance
- BSc Accounting and Finance with Study in Continental Europe
- BSc Accounting and Management
- BSc Economics
- BSc Economics and Accounting
- BSc Economics and Econometrics
- BSc Economics and Finance
- BSc Economics with Study in Continental Europe
- BSc International Business Management
- BSc Management with Study in Continental Europe
If your programme is not listed above, you do not have to choose optional/open units.
What are optional/open units?
Optional units are units provided by the School of Economics, Finance and Managment (EFM) which are complementary to, and form a key part of, your programme.
Registration on EFM 'optional units' is via an online OPTION FORM which guides you through the process and lists the units available to you.
The deadline for submitting this form is Wednesday 5 September, 11.59pm (British Summer Time).
Open units are from a broad list, covering subjects from across the whole University. You select open units via an online selection process that happens in Welcome Week from 9am Monday 24 September until midday Wednesday 26 September. You will be notified by email and text message when the Online Open Unit Selection web page is live.