National Student Survey 2019 15 July 2019 Our graduating Chemistry students of 2019 have sent out a ringing endorsement of their courses in the latest National Student Survey (NSS), released recently.
- National Student Survey 2019 15 July 2019 Our graduating Chemistry students of 2019 have sent out a ringing endorsement of their courses in the latest National Student Survey (NSS), released recently.
- Coffee pots, Lego and red cabbage water turn the spotlight on ‘green chemistry’ 2 July 2019 Using light and electricity to activate molecules instead of toxic chemical reagents will enable the sustainable manufacture of next generation medicines and other innovative products, according to scientists.
- Vanishing Air-Bubble Layer & Ion Adsorption on Graphene in Aqueous Media 13 June 2019 New research from Bristol chemists has important implications for how graphene is used.
- Chemistry with Scientific Computing – new undergraduate degrees at the University of Bristol from 2020 10 June 2019 Science and Computing infuse every aspect of modern life - in Bristol we recognise that skills in both will be crucial into the future. To address this evolution, we are launching new degree programmes in “Chemistry with Scientific Computing” - both BSc and MSci programmes are recruiting now for undergraduate students starting in September 2020.
- Scientists discover the source of new CFC emissions 23 May 2019 Since 2013, annual emissions of a banned chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) have increased by around 7,000 tonnes from eastern China, according to new research published in Nature today [Wednesday 22 May] by an international team of scientists from Bristol (led by Matt Rigby), the UK, South Korea, Japan, USA, Australia and Switzerland.
- New research reveals what was on the menu for medieval peasants 16 May 2019 Scientists from the School of Chemistry have uncovered, for the first time, definitive evidence that determines what types of food medieval peasants ate and how they managed their animals.
- Report Published on the Being BME in STEM Conference 10 May 2019 The Being BME in STEM Conference hosted by the School of Chemistry on 6th of February 2019, was organised to come up with possible solutions for the problem of low recruitment and retention of BME students in STEM degrees (the leaky pipeline). A summary of the event and the resulting suggestions of how to improve, are detailed in the report.
- Bristol Synthesis Meeting 2019 a great success 17 April 2019 On Tuesday the 9th April, we hosted the annual 19th Bristol Synthesis Meeting. This event is the largest one-day chemistry meeting in Europe and attracts delegates from all over the UK and beyond with a programme of world-leading experts in organic synthesis. Once again, this year’s event was a great success, with over 500 participants enjoying a brilliant day of chemistry.
- Bristol chemist wins prestigious fellowship 15 April 2019 The School of Chemistry is delighted to congratulate Phillippa Cooper, a postgraduate student in John Bower's group, who has been awarded a highly prestigious Lindemann Trust Fellowship.
- Bristol ChemLabS Partners for the Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM) in Chemistry Outreach Training 12 April 2019 Bristol Chemists Tim Harrison (Director of Outreach) and Jonny Furze (Outreach Assistant) took time out of their busy schedule to work with 77 second and third year chemistry undergraduates at USIM. The initial training session was followed up when small groups from the trained students assisted Tim Harrison in the delivery of the internationally established lecture demonstration ‘A Pollutant’s Tale’ to senior school students.