Professor Andrew Orr-Ewing elected as Fellow of the Royal Society 5 May 2017 The School of Chemistry is delighted to announce that Professor Andrew Orr-Ewing has been elected as Fellow of the Royal Society for his outstanding contribution to science
- Chemistry spin-out Ziylo acquired by global healthcare company in $800m deal which could transform the treatment of diabetes 17 August 2018 School of Chemistry spin-out company Ziylo has been bought by global healthcare company Novo Nordisk in a deal which could be worth around $800 million.
- Local structure in deeply supercooled liquids exhibits growing lengthscales and dynamical correlations 16 August 2018 Using super-resolution “STED” nanoscopy, James Hallett, Francesco Turci and C. Patrick Royall have found ideal glass-like states.
- Chemistry welcomes new Head of School 1 August 2018 Professor Emma Raven has now joined the department as Head of School
- Ride for Precious Lives 11 July 2018 Professor Dudley Shallcross cycles 205 miles to raise money for Children's Hospice South West
- Celebration of Bristol Chemistry V 4 July 2018 Early career research celebrated in the School of Chemistry
- Novel molecular designs unlock therapeutic potential of nicotine receptors 15 June 2018 Seven million people die each year from smoking related diseases, according to the World Health Organisation, with the annual death toll expected to rise to eight million by 2030.
- Predicting the outcome of the arms race between man and bacteria 7 June 2018 Through computer simulations, scientists can predict if bacteria can be stopped with popular antibacterial therapies or not – a breakthrough which will help select and develop effective treatments for bacterial infections.
- Polymer crystals hold key to record-breaking energy transport 25 May 2018 Chemists from the universities of Bristol and Cambridge have found a way to create polymeric semiconductor nanostructures that absorb light and transport its energy further than previously observed.
- Professor Chris Willis awarded by the Royal Society of Chemistry 23 May 2018 In recognition of her outstanding service on numerous Royal Society of Chemistry committees over more than 25 years, Chris has been awarded an RSC 2018 Award for Service
- A concept to tune and address the packing parameter of amphiphiles - research from the Faul group. 16 May 2018 A paper from the Faul Research Group, with collaborators from China, Diamond Light Source and the Bristol Centre for Functional Nanomaterials (BCFN) has just appeared as inside front cover in the latest issue of Chemical Science – featuring the Clifton Suspension Bridge, amongst others!