National Student Survey 2019 15 July 2019 Our graduating Chemistry students of 2019 have sent out a ringing endorsement of their courses in the latest National Student Survey (NSS), released recently.
- Advanced Chemistry Summer School for students from Jilin University in China 28 August 2019 The School of Chemistry has welcomed staff and students from Jilin University (JLU) in China as part of a long-standing relationship between the two institutions.
- Supercapacitors turbocharged by laxatives 16 August 2019 An international team of scientists, including Professor Julian Eastoe from the School of Chemistry, has worked out a way to improve energy storage devices called supercapacitors, by designing a new class of detergents chemically related to laxatives.
- Bristol School of Chemistry celebrates fantastic independent research fellows 30 July 2019 At Bristol, we’re proud to be able to host a number of externally-funded independent research fellows in the School of Chemistry.
- Shape shifting protocells hint at the mechanics of early life 29 July 2019 Inspired by the processes of cellular differentiation observed in developmental biology, an interdisciplinary team of researchers in the School of Chemistry have demonstrated a new spontaneous approach to building communities of cell-like entities (protocells) using chemical gradients.
- Prestigious Royal Society honour for Bristol Chemist 18 July 2019 Professor Varinder Aggarwal from the School of Chemistry has been awarded the prestigious Davy Medal from the Royal Society for his outstanding contribution to the field of chemistry
- National Student Survey 2019 15 July 2019 Our graduating Chemistry students of 2019 have sent out a ringing endorsement of their courses in the latest National Student Survey (NSS), released recently.
- Coffee pots, Lego and red cabbage water turn the spotlight on ‘green chemistry’ 2 July 2019 Using light and electricity to activate molecules instead of toxic chemical reagents will enable the sustainable manufacture of next generation medicines and other innovative products, according to scientists.
- Vanishing Air-Bubble Layer & Ion Adsorption on Graphene in Aqueous Media 13 June 2019 New research from Bristol chemists has important implications for how graphene is used.
- Chemistry with Scientific Computing – new undergraduate degrees at the University of Bristol from 2020 10 June 2019 Science and Computing infuse every aspect of modern life - in Bristol we recognise that skills in both will be crucial into the future. To address this evolution, we are launching new degree programmes in “Chemistry with Scientific Computing” - both BSc and MSci programmes are recruiting now for undergraduate students starting in September 2020.
- Scientists discover the source of new CFC emissions 23 May 2019 Since 2013, annual emissions of a banned chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) have increased by around 7,000 tonnes from eastern China, according to new research published in Nature today [Wednesday 22 May] by an international team of scientists from Bristol (led by Matt Rigby), the UK, South Korea, Japan, USA, Australia and Switzerland.