BDFI brings experts together to look at the future 24 January 2022 Bristol Digital Futures Institute brought technology and social science experts together last week (19 January) to examine new opportunities to create and disrupt digital innovation using new ‘sociodigital’ approaches.
- BDFI brings experts together to look at the future 24 January 2022 Bristol Digital Futures Institute brought technology and social science experts together last week (19 January) to examine new opportunities to create and disrupt digital innovation using new ‘sociodigital’ approaches.
- Latest academic and operational recruitment is underway 18 January 2022 Five new roles in partnership with the faculty of Social Sciences and Law, plus two operational roles with the BDFI team, are now open for applications.
- BDFI seeks Black student to examine futures for the gaming industry 8 December 2021 Bristol Digital Futures Institute (BDFI) are seeking a Black student to research futures for the gaming industry thanks to a fully-funded research opportunity from Supermassive Games.
- New £10m centre set to drive digital futures towards fair and sustainable ways of life 30 November 2021 A pioneering new centre will unite experts from across the world to investigate how different claims about digital futures shape our lives today, in order to generate new approaches to fairer and more sustainable societies.
- Latest appointments to boost digital futures research 9 November 2021 Three new appointments to drive interdisciplinary research in digital futures were announced today (Tuesday 9 November) by Bristol Digital Futures Institute.
- Bristol Digital Futures Institute welcomes its first Steering Board Chair 3 November 2021 Bristol Digital Futures Institute (BDFI) has appointed Jeremy Silver, CEO of Digital Catapult, as Chair of its External Steering Board.
- Planning permission secured for first new research facilities in Temple Quarter 13 October 2021 The University of Bristol has secured planning permission to convert two former industrial buildings into a new hub for some of its most state-of-the-art and world-leading research facilities.
- Five small grants will boost research to improve digital futures 2 September 2021 Bristol’s Digital Futures Institute (BDFI) has announced its first set of small grants today (Thursday 2 September) to help University of Bristol researchers drive digital innovation for more sustainable, inclusive and prosperous futures.
- Bristol report calls for action to tackle the digital divide 23 August 2021 Digital inequality in the city could severely impact life chances, according to new research published today (Monday, 23 August) by Bristol Digital Futures Institute (BDFI) and Knowle West Media Centre.
- Research powerhouses join forces to maximise global potential of 6G next generation mobile technology 4 August 2021 A pioneering centre is being launched to take mobile technology to the next level and put the UK at the global forefront of 6G research, innovation, and education.