News and Comment
Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Newsletter No.21: 31 Jul 2019 31 July 2019 The latest news, events, funding opportunities and fellowships from Elizabeth Blackwell Institute.
- Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Newsletter No.21: 31 Jul 2019 31 July 2019 The latest news, events, funding opportunities and fellowships from Elizabeth Blackwell Institute.
- Introducing Myles-Jay Linton 30 July 2019 With the Mental Health in Young People research initiative up and running at the University of Bristol we talk to Myles-Jay Linton, the new Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Vice-Chancellor's Fellow in Young People's Mental Health about his research and why a joint approach to research in this area is so important.
- Latest funded projects - from basic science to real world 25 July 2019 Elizabeth Blackwell Institute runs a number of schemes supporting health related translational projects, research which has the potential for practical application. Here are details of the latest 2019 awardees at the University of Bristol for two of our translational project funding schemes.
- Make a Fun Palace and make connections with local communities 24 July 2019 We are inviting staff, students and researchers to join with local people, community groups, venues, artists and performers to create their own Fun Palaces in venues across Bristol on 5 and 6 October 2019. The activities will provide a chance to connect with community, discuss research in new settings, share skills and try something new.
- Taking pride in equality, diversity and inclusion 23 July 2019 Big strides are being made in equality, diversity and inclusion at the University of Bristol with much to celebrate this summer. Fiona McPhail, Diversity and Inclusion Champion at Elizabeth Blackwell Institute gives an overview of some of the key activities and outlines diversity dates for your diary for Autumn and beyond.
- The writing is on the wall for medicine 23 July 2019 A new Bristol mural in the Stokes Croft area of the city is providing an accessible and inclusive way of representing and communicating issues surrounding healthcare.
- New Early Career Researchers Advisory Board for Wellcome Open Research 30 June 2019 Wellcome Open Research have announced the new Early Career Researchers Advisory Board and the launch of article collections.
- Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Newsletter No.20: 31 May 2019 31 May 2019 The latest news, events, funding opportunities and fellowships from Elizabeth Blackwell Institute.
- Looking to the future for women in medicine 29 May 2019 Our namesake, Elizabeth Blackwell, obtained her medical degree in 1849 and 170 years later as many women as men are now entering medical school. However, does this mean that perceptions and attitudes have changed? Does everyone truly have the same opportunities? Sarah Blackmore from Elizabeth Blackwell Institute recently spoke at the Medical Women's Federation conference on the subject. Hear what she had to say...
- Further funding advancing health research at Bristol 29 May 2019 Elizabeth Blackwell Institute nurtures research to improve health for all. We're proud to share the recent funding successes of some of our awardees who have gone on to secure further awards for their research projects in three very different areas: smart stem cells, the genetics of osteoarthritis, and spinal cord injury.