Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Newsletter No.14: 12 February 2018 12 February 2018 The fourteenth edition of the Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Newsletter was distributed via email on 12 February 2018.
- EBI funded project awarded further funds to continue prehabilitation work for cancer patients 10 April 2018 Thanks to initial funding from University of Bristol’s Elizabeth Blackwell Institute we are now close to seeing some real impact from a prehabilitation intervention for cancer patients undergoing major surgery. The project, which aims to identify interventions that improve post-operative recovery, has been awarded further funding to take forward this important research.
- New innovation funding to help people live longer, better, healthier lives 15 March 2018 £300 million from the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund will provide opportunities for researchers and businesses to work together to support the UK’s ageing population.
- New scheme launched to tackle antimicrobial resistance 13 March 2018 The Academy of Medical Sciences is inviting applications for the first round of the Hamied Foundation UK-India Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) Visiting Professorship scheme. The programme will seek to facilitate a long-term collaboration between the most talented researchers in the field of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in the UK and India.
- Funding competition - Health and life sciences 13 March 2018 The government’s Innovation and Funding Service has announced a funding competition for a share of up to £19 million to develop innovations in health and life sciences or emerging and enabling technologies. The fund is open to UK-based businesses, academics, charity, public sector organisations or research and technology organisations.
- Global Health with Justice Symposium 9 March 2018 24 April 2018, 9.30 AM - 5.00 PM University of Bristol Law School, Lady Hale Moot Court, 8-10 Berkeley Square, Bristol BS8 1HH
- Wellcome Trust to review its open access policy 8 March 2018 Wellcome Trust are going to do the first full review of their open access policy.
- Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Newsletter No.14: 12 February 2018 12 February 2018 The fourteenth edition of the Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Newsletter was distributed via email on 12 February 2018.
- A competition for transformative ideas tackling global challenges 5 February 2018 Primera Impact is an investment competition for start-ups tackling challenging problems in healthcare.
- Call for GW4 Building Communities programme now open 5 February 2018 The GW4 Building Communities programme is designed to build new, high-quality GW4 research communities or help existing collaborations to build on their work and secure long term sustainable funding.
- Maximising the value of research outputs: Wellcome’s approach 2 February 2018 In July 2017, the Wellcome Trust updated their policy on the management and sharing of research outputs. This policy helps deliver Wellcome’s mission – to improve health for everyone by enabling great ideas to thrive.