Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Newsletter No.18: 31 January 2019 31 January 2019 The 18th edition of the Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Newsletter was distributed via email on 31 January 2019.
- The GW4 Clinical Academic Training (GW4-CAT) Programme in Bristol, Cardiff and Exeter for Medical, Veterinary and Dental Graduates is open for applications 6 February 2019 Applications for a Summer 2020 start are invited from exceptional medical, veterinary & dental graduates to undertake 3-year PhD training at the universities of Bristol, Cardiff and Exeter.
- Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Newsletter No.18: 31 January 2019 31 January 2019 The 18th edition of the Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Newsletter was distributed via email on 31 January 2019.
- High Performance Computing support for researchers 30 January 2019 The Elizabeth Blackwell Institute, through its Wellcome Trust ISSF Award, is delighted to support a new post to provide High-Performance Computing (HPC) support for research groups in health and biomedical research at the University of Bristol.
- World Cancer Day - celebrating cancer research at Bristol 29 January 2019 This World Cancer Day we are highlighting the work of Bristol Cancer Network at the University of Bristol, a multidisciplinary research community dedicated to finding new breakthroughs against cancer.
- Further funding to advance health research at Bristol 29 January 2019 Elizabeth Blackwell Institute nurtures research to improve health for all. We're proud to share the recent funding successes of some of our awardees who have gone on to secure further for their research projects in three very different areas: fertility treatment, domestic violence support and Osteoporosis.
- Celebrating Elizabeth Blackwell, first female doctor in America 29 January 2019 In January 1849, Elizabeth Blackwell became the first woman to be awarded a medical degree in the United States. Her vision to achieve good health for all epitomises what the Elizabeth Blackwell Institute is striving to achieve today. This January we are celebrating our namesake's pioneering spirit.
- Vice-Chancellor's Fellowship in Young People's Mental Health 22 January 2019 The Elizabeth Blackwell Institute’s Vice Chancellor’s Fellowship is a special award for future leaders in research into young people’s mental health.
- University of Bristol recognised in second Life Sciences Sector Deal 12 December 2018 Life sciences is a sector that operates at the cutting-edge of technological developments. The second Life Sciences Sector Deal was announced on 7 December and the Great West region, including the University of Bristol, was recognised in the report for its flourishing life science industry.
- Wellcome Trust review how they support science 6 December 2018 Wellcome Trust is launching a review into how they should best support science to achieve their mission of improving health.
- Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Newsletter No.17: 28 November 2018 28 November 2018 The 17th edition of the Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Newsletter was distributed via email on 28 November 2018.