Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Newsletter No.13: 24 October 2017 16 November 2017 The thirteenth edition of the Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Newsletter was distributed via email on 24 October 2017.
- Dr Richard Seabrook joins Elizabeth Blackwell Institute as new Director of Business Development 22 January 2018 The Elizabeth Blackwell Institute for Health Research (EBI) welcomed Dr Richard Seabrook MBA as its new Director of Business Development in January 2018.
- Founding Director of the Elizabeth Blackwell Institute to lead new Faculty of Life Sciences at Bristol 12 January 2018 Professor Jeremy Tavaré will take up the role of Dean of the Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Bristol, on 1 August 2018.
- Submit abstracts by 31 January for the Bristol Brain Research: Showcase and Networking Day 2018 9 January 2018 The Bristol Neuroscience Research Network presents a one-day conference on 11 April 2018, offering the opportunity for researchers across Schools and Units to discuss best practice, share experiences, cross-fertilise, source expertise and engage across the whole spectrum of neuroscience from cellular work to epidemiology to clinical applications, and everything in between.
- Alcohol Research UK - Grants programme – April 2017 to March 2018 30 November 2017 Alcohol Research UK is dedicated to supporting new research in the alcohol field. Over the last 30 years, we have awarded £24 million in funding to over 900 projects, many of which have made a significant contribution to the evidence base in this area.
- Wellcome Trust 4-year PhD Programme in Molecular, Genetic and Lifecourse Epidemiology (MGLE) 17 November 2017 Applications are invited from November 2017 for studentships starting in October 2018.
- Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Newsletter No.13: 24 October 2017 16 November 2017 The thirteenth edition of the Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Newsletter was distributed via email on 24 October 2017.
- Rosetrees Interdisciplinary Prize 2018 9 November 2017 Rosetrees Interdisciplinary Prize 2018 to stimulate collaborative research between Medicine and either Chemistry or Physics
- Why you shouldn't believe what you read in medical journals 3 November 2017 A seminar by Fiona Godlee, Editor in Chief of the British Medical Journal (The BMJ) at Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, 1 November 2017.
- Opportunity for PhD and postdoctoral researchers 20 October 2017 Are you a PhD student or a Postdoc looking for meaningful, paid teaching experience?
- Fun Palaces Bristol 2017 18 October 2017 Elizabeth Blackwell Institute hosts Bristol's Fun Palaces Ambassador to catalyse health-inspired Fun Palace events with researchers and local residents in collaboration with Bristol Green Capital Partnership's Healthy City Week and community partners. Fun Palaces take place during the first weekend of October as part of a global campaign where ‘everyone is an artist, everyone a scientist’. We are looking for researchers to get involved in 2018’s campaign – get in touch to find out more!