Informatics service support for health and biomedical research at the University of Bristol 7 June 2017 The Elizabeth Blackwell Institute for Health Research (EBI), through its Wellcome Trust ISSF Award, and match funded by the University of Bristol, invested in two posts that are openly available to help support all health and biomedical researchers across the University in their informatics needs.
- Opportunity for PhD and postdoctoral researchers 20 October 2017 Are you a PhD student or a Postdoc looking for meaningful, paid teaching experience?
- Fun Palaces Bristol 2017 18 October 2017 Elizabeth Blackwell Institute hosts Bristol's Fun Palaces Ambassador to catalyse health-inspired Fun Palace events with researchers and local residents in collaboration with Bristol Green Capital Partnership's Healthy City Week and community partners. Fun Palaces take place during the first weekend of October as part of a global campaign where ‘everyone is an artist, everyone a scientist’. We are looking for researchers to get involved in 2018’s campaign – get in touch to find out more!
- Genomics and genome editing in the NHS 18 September 2017 The Houses of Commons Science and Technology Committee has relaunched its inquiry into genomics and genome editing, and is now taking written submissions.
- Fun Palaces Bristol 13 September 2017 From the 7th - 14th October 2017 Bristol will host a number of community-led Fun Palace events, exploring the health of people and city through science and art. The events will be part of Bristol Green Capital Partnership’s Healthy City Week programme – exploring wellbeing that doesn’t cost the earth - and the global Fun Palaces campaign - where everyone is an artist, everyone a scientist.
- €1.5m award will investigate how mother’s mental health and personality affect child’s mental health 8 September 2017 How a mother’s mental health and personality affects her child’s mental health will be investigated by University of Bristol researchers who have been awarded €1.5million from the European Research Council.
- Worldwide Universities Network open their call for applications to the Research Development Fund 22 August 2017 The 2017 Worldwide Universities Network Research Development Fund (RDF) Application process is now open. The Worldwide Universities Network, which includes the University of Bristol among its members, is a world leading research university network, tackling global challenges through international collaboration. The WUN Research Development Fund fosters innovative, international collaborative research and mobility programs.
- Body of Doubt: Fundraising to further develop work from EBI's Feel It Festival 26 June 2017 Last year the Elizabeth Blackwell Institute commissioned two performers to make a short original circus work for our Feel It Festival at Circomedia. Maddie McGowan and Ziggy Slingsby worked in collaboration with Professor Havi Carel from University of Bristol, using text, images, and experimental aerial choreography to respond to her writing on the philosophy of illness, and how the world changes when a person develops a chronic condition.
- PolicyBristol Support Scheme 2017 Round 2 15 June 2017 PolicyBristol has now launched Round 2 of the 2017 Support Scheme. The Scheme helps University of Bristol academics engage in activities that enhance the impact of their policy-relevant research.
- Elizabeth Blackwell Institute Newsletter No.12: 12 June 2017 14 June 2017
- Informatics service support for health and biomedical research at the University of Bristol 7 June 2017 The Elizabeth Blackwell Institute for Health Research (EBI), through its Wellcome Trust ISSF Award, and match funded by the University of Bristol, invested in two posts that are openly available to help support all health and biomedical researchers across the University in their informatics needs.