Bristol scientists help Attenborough investigate a 200 million-year-old murder mystery 5 January 2018 In his latest documentary for the BBC, Sir David Attenborough consults scientists from across the University of Bristol to piece together the life - and death - behind a 200-million-year-old fossil.
- University of Bristol is 4th most-targeted university by employers 19 January 2018 A major new report has revealed that students at the University of Bristol are among the most targeted by Britain’s top 100 employers.
- Temperature fluctuations during development reduce male fitness and may limit adaptive potential in tropical rainforest Drosophila 16 January 2018
- Think Big: Bristol launches £500k international scholarship fund 15 January 2018 The University of Bristol is investing £500k in scholarships to attract the best and brightest international students from around the world.
- Life on land and tropical overheating 250 million years ago 10 January 2018 One of the key effects of the end-Permian mass extinction, 252 million years ago, was rapid heating of tropical waters and atmospheres.
- Bristol scientists help Attenborough investigate a 200 million-year-old murder mystery 5 January 2018 In his latest documentary for the BBC, Sir David Attenborough consults scientists from across the University of Bristol to piece together the life - and death - behind a 200-million-year-old fossil.
- Bristol appoints Professor Tavaré to lead new Faculty of Life Sciences 5 January 2018 Professor Jeremy Tavaré will take up the role of Dean when the University of Bristol’s new Faculty of Life Sciences is officially launched on 1 August this year.
- Study investigates impact of lions living alongside giraffe populations 4 January 2018 New research from the University of Bristol is calling for an urgent review into how populations of giraffes are managed in the wild when living alongside lions.
- Bees use invisible heat patterns to choose flowers 19 December 2017 A new study, led by scientists from the University of Bristol, has found that a wide range of flowers produce not just signals that we can see and smell, but also ones that are invisible such as heat.
- Tree crickets 2 optimize the acoustics of baffles to exaggerate their mate-attraction signal 18 December 2017 Object manufacture in insects is typically inherited and believed to be highly stereotyped.
- Fingers on buzzers: Students aim for second University Challenge win 18 December 2017 The University of Bristol’s quiz team returns to our screens tonight [18 December] in their second round University Challenge match again Trinity College, Oxford.