With more than 25 MA programmes on offer across the Faculty there are plenty of options from which you can choose. Covering most areas of the Arts and Humanities our courses are offered full-time taken in one year or part-time (P/T) with the workload split over two years.
- All MA programmes run from October to September each year.
- Teaching is provided across two semesters of 12 weeks each referred to as Teaching Blocks 1 and 2.
- Teaching Block 1 runs from October to January (four-week vacation period from mid December - mid January).
- Teaching Block 2 runs from January to May (four-week vacation period across March and/or April).
- The summer period from June to September is dedicated to individual study culminating in either a dissertation or a project.
- All MA programmes include compulsory core units and optional units which allow you to choose units which best match your particular areas of interest.
This is usually around 15,000 words. During the taught elements of the programme you will decide on your topic and begin your research. The summer period from June to September is dedicated to individual study to produce either a dissertation or a project as outlined on each programme page.