NEW PhD studentships available 13 February 2018 Bristol Vet School invites applications for 3-year funded PhD studentships
- NEW PhD studentships available 13 February 2018 Bristol Vet School invites applications for 3-year funded PhD studentships
- Experts in animal welfare and policy development participate in ground-breaking workshops 12 February 2018 The Bristol Veterinary School at the University of Bristol and the Royal Agricultural University (RAU) have joined forces this month [February] to stage two workshops which aim to shape new agricultural policies.
- Vet School announces new undergraduate programme 26 January 2018 Bristol Veterinary School is delighted to announce the launch of a brand-new undergraduate programme, Veterinary Science: Accelerated Graduate Entry (BVSc), commencing September 2019. This is a fast-track programme for graduates in a relevant science subject which enables completion of the BVSc in four years instead of five.
- New £1M poultry research facility aims to improve bird welfare and help consumer confidence 24 January 2018 A new £1M state-of-the art poultry facility offering specialist, industry-focused research into both laying hen and broiler health, welfare, behavior and productivity, will open today [Wednesday 24 January] at the University of Bristol’s Veterinary School.
- University of Bristol is 4th most-targeted university by employers 18 January 2018 A major new report has revealed that students at the University of Bristol are among the most targeted by Britain’s top 100 employers.
- New MSc by research available 18 January 2018 Measuring Racehorse Welfare: Development and Implementation of a Racehorse Specific Welfare Assessment
- Scientists successfully demonstrate a new way to help nerve regeneration in spinal cord injury 11 December 2017 A new way of triggering nerve regeneration to help repair spinal cord injury and in the longer-term potentially paralysis has successfully been demonstrated by University of Bristol scientists. The work is published in PLOS ONE.
- Puppy poo needed to monitor antibiotic-resistant bacteria 17 November 2017 Researchers at the University of Bristol are asking puppy owners in the south west to send them samples of their puppy’s poo so that they can be monitored for antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
- University of Bristol named best in the south for student experience 16 November 2017 The University of Bristol has been ranked the best university in the south of England for its student experience, according to a new league table.
- Vet School leading way to change antimicrobial (AM) use on farms 14 November 2017 Researchers from the Bristol Veterinary School at the University of Bristol are leading the way to inspire and change antimicrobial (AM) use on farms and in veterinary prescribing practices.