Pig immunology comes of age: killer T cell responses to influenza 17 May 2018 Researchers from The Pirbright Institute, University of Bristol, Cardiff University and University of Oxford have generated tools that allow scientists to understand a vital area of the pig immune system which was previously inaccessible.
- Pig immunology comes of age: killer T cell responses to influenza 17 May 2018 Researchers from The Pirbright Institute, University of Bristol, Cardiff University and University of Oxford have generated tools that allow scientists to understand a vital area of the pig immune system which was previously inaccessible.
- New MSc Studentship available 14 May 2018 Is the endothelial glycocalyx damaged in cats with cardiomyopathies and chronic kidney disease?
- New MSc Studentship available 2 May 2018 To treat or not to treat: investigating diagnostic approaches to feline subclinical bacteriuria and clinically significant urinary tract infections and responsible use of antimicrobials
- Vet student helps save newborn critically endangered lemur 30 April 2018 A University of Bristol MSc student who is also a zoo vet carried out a rare procedure with the help of keepers to save the life of a critically endangered new-born lemur at Wild Place Project in Bristol.
- New MSc Studentship available 30 April 2018 A Prospective Study of Environmental Risk Factors for Chronic Gastrointestinal Signs in Cats
- Vet School at the forefront of combatting antimicrobial resistance 28 April 2018 Researchers from the Bristol Veterinary School at the University of Bristol are leading the way with farmers to combat and change antimicrobial (AM) use on farms. Antimicrobial resistance - or AMR - is a global threat, with an estimated 700,000 people dying from resistant infections every year. Today [Saturday 28 April] is World Veterinary Day 2018 and ongoing research from the University’s Vet School has been showcased in a new YouTube video produced by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.
- New equine members of the Vet School teaching team 19 April 2018 Welcome to Hank and Mayo, the latest members of the Bristol Vet School teaching team! They will be teaching students and saving lives...
- Vets and scientists awarded PetSavers grant 19 April 2018 Vets and scientists at the University of Bristol have been awarded a grant from PetSavers, part of the British Small Animal Veterinary Association, to help vets more effectively use antibiotics to treat cats with urinary tract infections.
- National award for Bristol vet student 17 April 2018 Congratulations to Molly George, a final-year student who was announced winner of the Cats Protection annual vet student EMS Award
- Healthy soil lifts animal weight 17 April 2018 Managing soil by well-designed grazing is key to an animal’s growth and wellbeing shows new research linking soil health, pasture value and sustainable production.