Barton Hill micro-campus
We are excited to be one of three tenants in a new development at Wellspring Settlement, with our newly opened micro-campus. Housed in three adjoining shipping containers, it will be a place for us to work collaboratively with a range of partners and communities in East Bristol. It will help nurture and develop the kind of working relationships we hope to develop at scale at the Temple Quarter Enterprise Campus.
The activity there will reflect the breadth of work we do with the community including teaching, research, widening participation, engaged learning and extra-curricular volunteering opportunities.
At present, the range of activities taking place is limited due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, the micro-campus consists of a large room and adjoining office space, with full University network access and presentation facilities. It will be well suited for a variety of group activities including workshops, seminars, teaching, outreach sessions and collaborative research. University staff and students are also able to use the space for hot-desking and meeting with community partners.
Please ensure your visit complies with current University policy - you should only come to campus where necessary, either because your role requires you to or because you cannot work at home.
We are open and working hard to ensure everyone's personal safety in the micro-campus. To help with this, we are:
- Reminding visitors that face masks should be worn when inside, unless you are exempt for medical or other reasons.
- Hosting small groups, safely. While public events are on hold, we can support hot-desking for University staff and small meetings and seminars.
- We have reduced overall capacity, to allow for social distancing on site. We can currently host 10 people in the space.
- Providing signage to remind individuals of safe working practices.
- Providing hand sanitiser and wipes for use on screens and equipment.
Please note: Wellspring Settlement also require us to wear face masks in shared areas (such as reception and bathroom facilities).
Staff and PGR students can book hot-desking here. If you are visiting, please remember your UCard and face mask.
Staff and PGR students can also book the space for a meeting or seminar of up to 10 people - please get in touch.
Once public events are able to resume, please see our public event pages and filter by venue for 'Barton Hill micro-campus'.