Management courses for 2020
- BSc Accounting and Management (NN42)
- BSc Accounting and Management with Professional Placement
- BSc Accounting and Management with Study Abroad (NN45)
- BSc Childhood Studies with Management (L524)
- BSc Economics and Management (LN12)
- BSc Economics and Management with Study Abroad (LN17)
- BSc International Business Management (N120)
- BSc International Business Management with Study Abroad (N121)
- BSc Management (N200)
- MSci Management with Innovation (N204)
- BSc Management with Study Abroad (N201)
- BSc Management with Study in Continental Europe (4H56)
- BSc Marketing (N500)
- BSc Marketing with Study Abroad (N504)
- BSc Marketing with Study in Continental Europe (N501)
- BSc Social Policy with Management (LN42)
Our Management and Marketing degrees:
- combine rigorous theory with real-world relevance, drawing on the latest case studies from our own research;
- have a strong international dimension;
- have wide choice in optional units, allowing you to personalise your degree;
- are very popular with graduate employers - the University of Bristol is the second most targeted university by top UK graduate employers (High Fliers 2019).
Why study Management at Bristol?
At Bristol we offer you a challenging yet supportive learning environment. We will help you to become an innovative and resilient graduate with the confidence to find creative solutions to organisational problems.
You will be taught by academics and management and marketing practitioners who are experts in their fields. Our courses are current and exciting, informed by internationally renowned research.
Current members of the department have expertise in:
- business ethics and sustainability;
- group dynamics and learning;
- internationalisation of business;
- organisational culture, values and organisational identity;
- strategic management;
- third-sector and non-profit management.
In your final year at Bristol you may undertake a dissertation based on a piece of original research. Many students choose a theme that matches their personal career interests, and use their dissertation to showcase their talents to prospective employers at interview.
We equip you with skills to support you in your dissertation, such as research design, use of interviews and surveys, data collection and data analysis.
We offer opportunities for our students to engage with employers through our Faculty Professional Liaison Network. Initiatives include a professional mentoring scheme, visiting speakers from relevant organisations, student visits to companies, student internships and student consultancy projects with external partners. These opportunities provide an excellent chance to improve employability and explore different career paths.
What kind of student would this course suit?
Our management and marketing courses will be of interest to you if you are considering a career in business or in the public or not-for-profit sectors, and want to retain a broad and balanced approach to your studies.
There will be lots of opportunities, as the course progresses, to tailor the course to reflect your personal interests. You will benefit from an international dimension to your studies, as a member of the vibrant and diverse student community here at Bristol.
You will also enjoy studying management with us if you like a variety of approaches in your learning.
How is this course taught and assessed?
We use a range of teaching methods. As well as lectures introducing new material to a large group of students, we run exercise lectures demonstrating the application of material. Our small-group teaching enables valuable interaction and discussion with tutors and peers.
You will prepare assignments during the year and receive feedback to help you learn from your work. Degree classifications are determined primarily by examinations, although some units include a coursework element as part of the final assessment. You may also complete a dissertation.
What are my career prospects?
With a combination of relevant theory, analytical skills and quantitative techniques, a degree in management or marketing from Bristol will equip you for a wide range of careers including accountancy, management consultancy, marketing and HR.
Many of our students join graduate management schemes in both the public and private sectors, while others opt to study at master's level or pursue professional conversion courses for law or teaching. Others opt for careers in sectors such as management consulting, finance and accounting. Recent graduate employers include Accenture, Amazon, GE, JP Morgan and PwC.
Read more about what students from Management go on to do after graduation.
Important disclaimer information about our courses.