Management courses for 2019
- BSc Accounting and Management (NN42)
- BSc Accounting and Management with Study Abroad
- BSc Childhood Studies with Management (L524)
- BSc Economics and Management (LN12)
- BSc Economics and Management with Study Abroad
- BSc International Business Management (N120)
- BSc International Business Management with Study Abroad
- BSc Management (N200)
- MSci Management with Innovation (N204)
- BSc Management with Study Abroad
- BSc Management with Study in Continental Europe (4H56)
- BSc Social Policy with Management (LN42)
Our management degrees:
- combine rigorous theory with real world relevance, drawing on the latest case studies from our own research;
- have a strong international dimension;
- have a lot of choice in optional units, allowing you to personalise your degree;
- are very popular with graduate employers - the University of Bristol is the fourth most targeted university by top UK graduate employers (2018 High Fliers).
Why study Management at Bristol?
The Department of Management at Bristol provides a challenging yet supportive learning environment. We’ll help you to become an innovative and resilient graduate who has the confidence to find innovative solutions to organisational problems.
You will be taught by academics and management practitioners who are experts in their fields. Our courses are current and exciting, informed by internationally renowned research.
Current members of the department have expertise in:
- strategic management
- organisational culture, values and organisational identity
- group dynamics and learning
- business ethics and sustainability
- internationalisation of business
- third-sector and non-profit management.
In your final year at Bristol you may undertake a dissertation based on a piece of original research. Many students choose a theme that matches their personal career interests, and use their dissertation to showcase their talents to prospective employers at interview.
We equip you with skills to support you in your dissertation, such as research design, use of interviews and surveys, data collection and data analysis.
What kind of student would this course suit?
Our management courses will be of interest to you if you are considering a career in management, either in business or in the public or not-for-profit sectors, and want to retain a broad and balanced approach to your studies.
There will be lots of opportunities, as the course progresses, to tailor the course to reflect your personal interests. You will benefit from an international dimension to your studies, as a member of the vibrant and diverse student community here at Bristol.
You will also enjoy studying management with us if you like a variety of approaches in your learning.
How is this course taught and assessed?
We use a range of teaching methods. As well as lectures introducing new material to a large group of students, we run exercise lectures demonstrating the application of material. Our small-group teaching enables valuable interaction and discussion with tutors and peers.
You will prepare assignments during the year and receive feedback to help you learn from your work. Degree classifications are determined primarily by examinations, although some units include a coursework element as part of the final assessment. You may also complete a dissertation.
What are my career prospects?
With a combination of relevant theory, analytical skills and quantitative techniques, a degree in management from Bristol will equip you for a wide range of careers including accountancy, management consultancy, marketing and HR.
Many of our students join graduate management schemes in both the public and private sectors, while others opt to study at master's level or pursue professional conversion courses for law or teaching. Others opt for careers in sectors such as management consulting, finance and accounting. Recent graduate employers include PwC, Accenture, JP Morgan and Deloitte.
Read more about what students from Management go on to do after graduation.
Important disclaimer information about our courses.