MSc Cardiovascular Perfusion (Online)
The MSc in Cardiovascular Perfusion provides a high-quality, research-led education that will equip you with enhanced knowledge, understanding and critical awareness of the current approaches and emerging research relating to cardiovascular medicine and perfusion science. Teaching and learning includes:
- Academic and research skills training including study design and data analysis.
- Advanced physiology and disease states of blood and organs that are affected by cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB).
- Pathobiology, epidemiology and symptoms of cardiovascular diseases (coronary artery disease, vascular disease, heart and valve disease, paediatric heart disease) and their current treatments.
- Theory and principles of currently used techniques in adult and paediatric perfusion science.
- Key elements of a well-designed research project.
This online programme is intended to provide advanced level knowledge and understanding of the field of clinical perfusion science culminating in the completion of a novel research project related to this area.
The programme is delivered part-time online over 2 years. You will study six mandatory taught units and complete a research project.
Visit our programme catalogue for full details of the structure and unit content for our online MSc in Cardiovascular Perfusion.
An upper second-class honours degree or international equivalent in a science or medicine-related subject.
We will consider applicants whose grades are slightly lower than the programme's entry requirements, if they have at least one of the following:
- evidence of significant, relevant work experience;
- a relevant postgraduate qualification.
If this is the case, applicants should include their CV (curriculum vitae / résumé) when they apply, showing details of their relevant work experience and/or qualifications.
See international equivalent qualifications on the International Office website.
Read the programme admissions statement for important information on entry requirements, the application process and supporting documents required.Go to admissions statement
Fees and funding
- UK: part-time (two years)
- £7,100 per year
Fees are subject to an annual review. For programmes that last longer than one year, please budget for up to an 8% increase in fees each year.
More about tuition fees, living costs and financial support.
This programme is intended for students with an interest in enhancing their theoretical knowledge of cardiovascular disease and perfusion science, such as international practising perfusionists who wish to study a higher degree in their field of interest for professional development.
Please note that this programme does not lead to accreditation to practice as a perfusionist in GB or Ireland.