EU Settlement Scheme – what is it?

If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family members are welcome to stay in the UK to live, work, and study after Brexit.

However, if you want to stay here after the transition period ends on 31st December 2020, you will need to apply for permission for settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme.

A useful guide to the Scheme can be found here.

Processing times for applications, and the way they are being handled, have changed due to COVID-19. Please read the Government update and consider if this is relevant to you.

Our International Staff Adviser Team are also available for support and Rachel Coggins or Clare Stephens can be contacted at

EU Settlement Scheme

Settled and pre-settled status for EU citizens and their families

Go to this GOV.UK webpage for further information on applying.

Child passports for ILR-approved EU citizens

Government information on applying for your child’s first British passport if your child was born after you were granted indefinite leave to remain (ILR) under the EU Settlement Scheme.

Edit this page