Touching Shakespeare 6 June 2018 As part of the Thinking Futures festival in 2017 we put on a workshop for local schools with Lorna Smith, a researcher and PGCE English lecturer in the Graduate School of Education (GSOE). This was part of our School-University Partnership Initiative.
- Touching Shakespeare 6 June 2018 As part of the Thinking Futures festival in 2017 we put on a workshop for local schools with Lorna Smith, a researcher and PGCE English lecturer in the Graduate School of Education (GSOE). This was part of our School-University Partnership Initiative.
- Subject Knowledge Enhancement for Teachers 6 June 2018 As part of our SUPI project, we offered teachers at our partner schools the opportunity to learn about the latest research and enhance their subject knowledge through academic-led sessions at annual teachers’ conferences. Sessions were co-developed with senior teachers to ensure the content was suited to curriculum based teaching.
- EPQ Mentoring Fair 6 June 2018 We support schools offering the Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) by holding an annual EPQ Mentoring Fair alongside EPQ library visit days.
- Let’s Get Bristol Buzzing 6 March 2017 A new report has recently been published highlighting a range of pollinator-friendly actions undertaken across the Greater Bristol area to address the aims of the Greater Bristol Pollinator Strategy. The Strategy is part of the Get Bristol Buzzing campaign which aims to improve urban habitats for pollinators.
- Engage 2016 17 February 2017 A review of Engage 2016, the University of Bristol's annual event to celebrate and showcase best practice in engagement.
- A forest of all the world’s trees 1 February 2017 To celebrate the recent opening of the new £56.5 million Life Sciences building, the university commissioned a public piece of art in Royal Fort Gardens.
- Bringing death into conversation 19 December 2016 The winner of the University of Bristol Public Engagement Award 2015-2016 was Professor Richard Huxtable and the Centre for Ethics in Medicine, of which he is the Director. They were awarded the prize for their collaborative approach with local and national organisations to discuss dying and death.
- What's up, Doc? 14 December 2016 As part of Feel It festival, which took place at Circomedia in November, the Elizabeth Blackwell Institute commissioned a performance exploring research into GP mental health and wellbeing.
- Communicating the invisible 12 December 2016 At Green Man music festival in August, the MRC Integrative Epidemiology Unit collaborated with designer Philippa Thomas to create DATA MINE, an interactive installation exploring the human genome.
- Who gets all the pies? 1 June 2016 Throughout a week in April, The Best of Bristol Lecture Series showcased the University of Bristol’s best lecturers. Run by the Student's Union and the University of Bristol, nine nominees were selected through student vote.