Work abroad

Working abroad is a great way to boost your employability and gain valuable international experience.

Who can work abroad

To work abroad as part of a year abroad in year three of a four-year degree, you should enrolled on either:

  • a degree within the School of Modern Languages;
  • a degree with a 'Year in Industry' or
  • a degree with a 'Year with Industrial Experience

If you are not able to work abroad as part of your degree, you could still gain invaluable work experience abroad during the University holidays. 

Find out more about short-term opportunities to work abroad on our summer abroad pages.

Make it happen

Find out how to secure a work placement as part of your year abroad.

Contact GO Abroad

For more information about going abroad you can:

Email us:
Call us: +44 (0) 117 39 40205
Visit us: Global Lounge, Senate House, 1st Floor, BS8 1TH
Book an online appointment by clicking here

Office hours:
Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm

Edit this page