Global Opportunities scholarships
We offer 80 scholarships of up to £500 each to University of Bristol students undertaking short-term international activities, either independently or through a University programme.
Application deadline: 31 March 2018
- Open to all first and second year undergraduate students
- Must be a minimum of 2 weeks or 10 study/work days.
- Any Bristol students participating in a short-term Bristol programme which is not fully funded will be eligible to apply e.g:
40 Scholarships will be ringfenced for applications who receive the University of Bristol Bursary.
To apply for a scholarship you need to complete an online application and will be asked to provide the following information:
- Activity this scholarship will support.
- Dates of the activity and where it will take place.
- Budget: tell us how much you are applying for and what the funds will go toward.
- How this international activity will enhance your academic and/or career development: in 200 words or less.
- How you will document your experience to promote international opportunities to other University of Bristol students.
Before you go
You will be required to sign a set of terms and conditions for the funding and provide Global Opportunities with proof of travel insurance and evidence of confirmed travel plans (purchased plane tickets, payment to summer school etc.) before departure.
After you get back
Within 4 weeks you will need to provide a written review or testimonial of the experience (up to 500 words) along with a few photographs. The Global Opportunities Team may also ask you to contribute to the promotion of international opportunities either by attending events, speaking to fellow students, or through social media.
If you need more information about studying or working abroad
Phone: +44 (0) 117 39 40205
In Person: 3rd Floor, 31 Great George Street, University of Bristol, BS1 5QD