Bristol Interns in China programme
Spend your summer on a fully-funded eight-week internship in Shenzhen, China.
Programme at a glance
Dates: Eight weeks in the University summer holidays (exact dates TBC)
Location: Shenzhen, China
Cost: All costs for this programme are covered, including flights, accommodation, insurance, visa and programme fee. You will receive an allowance for your time in China.
Eligibility: Open to undergraduates from backgrounds where participation in study or work abroad is traditionally low - find out if you are eligible
What it is
This is a fully-funded internship programme. You will be matched to an internship that fits your skills and interests, although you should expect to be flexible.
You will be based in Shenzhen, home to many leading technology and manufacturing companies, so there is a range of businesses that you could work with.
In the months leading up to your internship, you will take part in various preparation activities such as Mandarin lessons, Cultural sessions and Careers Workshops, and will have the chance to get to know the other 11 Bristol students on the programme.
This opportunity is more than just an internship. You will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in another culture for two months and develop cross-cultural skills that are greatly valued by employers.
All internships are in English, so you do not need to know Mandarin, although trying to learn some basic phrases will help you navigate everyday lif in Shenzhen.
Why you should go
- Set yourself apart in future job applications
- Live and work in Shenzhen, a thriving city close to Hong Kong
- Gain cross-cultural skills and hands-on business experience
- Get valuable insight into Chinese culture and businesses
- Get the opportunity for mentorship from one of our 100+ alumni in Shenzhen.
What is included
This programme is fully funded, and you will be supported throughout your time abroad.
Before you go
We will work closely with you to prepare you for your internship. We will provide training in inter-cultural skills, Chinese business culture and etiquette. You will also complete a Mandarin course.
To get you there
- Flights are included, including airport pickup when you arrive in China.
During your stay
- Stay in a two-bed apartment, a commutable distance from your work.
- Get on-site orientation on the first day of your internship.
- Receive support and pastoral care.
- Take part in social and cultural activities.
- Benefit from business and networking activities.
- Meet some of our 100+ alumni based in Shenzhen.
When you get home
- You will be invited to a focus group to share and reflect on your experiences.
Tel: +44 (0) 117 39 40205
In person: 3rd Floor, 31 Great George Street, University of Bristol, BS1 5QD