Bristol Interns in China programme
Spend summer 2020 on a fully-funded eight-week internship in Shenzhen, China.
Programme at a glance
Dates: Eight weeks in the University summer holidays (exact dates TBC)
Location: Shenzhen, China
Cost: This is a fully-funded programme, and you will receive an allowance
Eligibility: Open to undergraduates from backgrounds where participation in study or work abroad is traditionally low - find out if you are eligible
What it is
This is a fully-funded internship programme. You will be matched to an internship that fits your skills and interests, although you should expect to be flexible. You will receive an allowance during your internship.
You will be based in Shenzhen, home to many leading technology and manufacturing companies, so there is a range of businesses that you could work with.
This opportunity is more than just an internship, as you will also take part in cultural trips and activities with other University of Bristol students.
All internships are in English, so you do not need to know Mandarin.
Why you should go
- Set yourself apart in future job applications
- Live and work in Shenzhen, a thriving city close to Hong Kong
- Gain cross-cultural skills and hands-on business experience
- Get valuable insight into Chinese culture and businesses
- Get the opportunity for mentorship from one of our 100+ alumni in Shenzhen.
What is included
This programme is fully funded, and you will be supported throughout your time abroad.
Before you go
We will work closely with you to prepare you for your internship. We will provide training in inter-cultural skills, Chinese business culture and etiquette. You will also complete a Mandarin course.
To get you there
- Flights are included, including airport pickup when you arrive in China.
During your stay
- Stay in a two-bed apartment, a commutable distance from your work.
- Get on-site orientation on the first day of your internship.
- Receive support and pastoral care.
- Take part in social and cultural activities.
- Benefit from business and networking activities.
- Meet some of our 100+ alumni based in Shenzhen.
When you get home
- You will be invited to a focus group to share and reflect on your experiences.
Find out key dates, including information sessions and application deadlines.
If you need more information about studying or working abroad
Tel: +44 (0) 117 39 40205
In person: 3rd Floor, 31 Great George Street, University of Bristol, BS1 5QD