Professor Klaus Schaeck appointed Associate Editor at the Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking 22 September 2020 University of Bristol Professor of Banking and Finance, Klaus Schaeck, has been appointed as an Associate Editor at the Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking, a journal graded “4” in the journal ranking of the Chartered Association of Business Schools (ABS).
- Accounting academic awarded prestigious Covid-19 research grant 23 September 2020 Lecturer in Accounting, Dr Nikos Tsileponis, has been awarded £9,993 from the British Academy/Leverhulme Trust to develop a research project investigating earnings management during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Professor Klaus Schaeck appointed Associate Editor at the Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking 22 September 2020 University of Bristol Professor of Banking and Finance, Klaus Schaeck, has been appointed as an Associate Editor at the Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking, a journal graded “4” in the journal ranking of the Chartered Association of Business Schools (ABS).
- University of Bristol launches new School of Accounting and Finance 3 August 2020 Today the University of Bristol has announced the launch of three new schools to replace the School of Economics, Finance and Management (EFM). The new schools are, the School of Accounting and Finance, the School of Management and the School of Economics.
- Professor Giovanna Michelon appointed to the European Accounting Association Management Committee 11 June 2020 University of Bristol Professor of Accounting, Giovanna Michelon, has been appointed to the European Accounting Association Management Committee, effective May 29.
- Industry practitioners offer insight during virtual lecture 6 May 2020 As a kick-off to students’ group coursework, Dr Tobias Dieler, Lecturer in Finance, had three industry practitioners visit a lecture in Banking for second- and third-year undergraduate students.
- Professor of Management Accounting appointed Editor of top accounting journal 2 March 2020 University of Bristol Professor of Management Accounting, Chris Chapman, has been appointed as one of the new team of editors who will handle submissions to The Accounting Review for the coming three years from 1st June.
- Bristol Banking Research Group hosts workshop for researchers and practitioners 2 December 2019 Last Thursday the Department of Accounting and Finance’s Banking Research Group played host to the FINEST (Financial Intermediation Network of European Studies) Autumn Workshop in Berkeley Square, Bristol.
- Accounting and Finance students receive an introduction to investment banking 13 November 2019 Accounting and Finance students interested in pursuing a career in investment banking were offered a comprehensive introduction to industry fundamentals earlier this month in a workshop led by investment banking, asset and wealth management training group, Financial Edge.
- Celebrating success at the Faculty Scholarship and prizes presentation 17 October 2019 The fourth annual Faculty of Social Sciences and Law Scholarships and Prizes event took place in the Wills Memorial Building on 14th October. It celebrated some of the fantastic achievements of students in the Faculty who have won prizes, scholarships and prizes over the year.
- Dr Stephen Lyne to retire after 40 years with Bristol 28 August 2019 At the end of August, Dr Steve Lyne is set to retire from his position at the Department of Accounting & Finance. He has been with the University of Bristol for over 40 years.