New PhD studentships available 6 December 2018 Applications are invited for new PhD Studentships
- New PhD studentships available 6 December 2018 Applications are invited for new PhD Studentships
- £1 million donation to establish a 'living laboratory' for livestock 4 December 2018 A groundbreaking 'living laboratory' for livestock will be established at the Bristol Veterinary School thanks to a £1 million donation from the John Oldacre Foundation. The John Oldacre Centre for Sustainability and Welfare in Dairy Production will tackle the global challenge of ethical food security and train the next generation of vets and agriculturalists to help address the major issues facing agriculture.
- Vet School postgrad selected for first national PhD Training Programme in antimicrobial resistance 16 November 2018 A postgraduate student from the University of Bristol’s Veterinary School has been selected for the first ever national PhD Training Programme in antimicrobial resistance (AMR) - launched by the Medical Research Foundation.
- New PhD studentship available 14 November 2018 Do different expressions of anxiety-like states reflect particular coping styles in domestic cats?
- New study sheds light on medicines storage practices on UK dairy farms 12 November 2018 Researchers at the University of Bristol, supported by the British Veterinary Association, the British Cattle Veterinary Association and the Responsible Use of Medicines in Agriculture (RUMA) Alliance, are calling for veterinary surgeons in the UK to work together with their farmer clients to remove expired and inappropriate veterinary medicines from farms and dispose of them appropriately.
- New PhD studentships available 7 November 2018 Applications are invited for new PhD Studentships
- Prospective vets and vet nurses spend day at Bristol Vet School 5 November 2018 On Saturday 27th October 70 prospective vets and vet nurses spent the day at Bristol Vet School Clinical Campus.
- Vet School academic announced as Fellow of The Alan Turing Institute 1 November 2018 Professor Andrew Dowsey is among thirty University of Bristol academics to join the national institute for data science and artificial intelligence.
- Pioneering animal welfare approach with AssureWel 16 October 2018 New guidance outlining a pioneering new approach for farm assurance schemes, retailers and farmers to improve animal welfare has been released following a six-year project with the Soil Association, RSPCA and University of Bristol.
- Calling all budding vets and vet nurses 9 October 2018 Aspiring vets and vet nurses will have the opportunity to explore and experience life as a student and find out what it's like to work in veterinary medicine at the Bristol Veterinary School on Saturday 27 October.