Vet School student wins international scholarship 14 August 2019 A third-year veterinary science student from the University of Bristol is one of ten students from around the world to have been awarded a prestigious Boehringer Ingelheim Scholarship.
- New insight into bacterial infections found in the noses of healthy cattle 19 August 2019 New research led by academics at the University of Bristol Veterinary and Medical Schools used the 'One Health' approach to study three bacterial species in the noses of young cattle and found the carriage of the bacteria was surprisingly different. The findings which combined ideas and methods from both animal and human health research could help prevent and control respiratory diseases.
- Vet School student wins international scholarship 14 August 2019 A third-year veterinary science student from the University of Bristol is one of ten students from around the world to have been awarded a prestigious Boehringer Ingelheim Scholarship.
- Increasing value of ivory poses major threat to elephant populations 29 July 2019 The global price of ivory increased tenfold since its 1989 trade ban by the Convention on the International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES), new research has found. The University of Bristol Veterinary School study, published in Biological Conservation [25 July], is the first to analyse trends in global ivory market values since the ban came into effect.
- Calling all budding vets and vet nurses-hold the date! 19 July 2019 Aspiring vets and vet nurses will have the opportunity to explore and experience life as a student and find out what it’s like to work in the veterinary industry at the Bristol Veterinary School on Saturday 2nd November 2019.
- Vet nurse teacher named as ‘inspiring leader’ by Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons 12 July 2019 A teaching fellow at the University of Bristol Vet School has been named as one of 12 inspiring veterinary leaders by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) – the UK’s regulatory body for veterinary surgeons.
- Congratulations to Dr Sheena Warman 11 July 2019 We are delighted to announce that Dr Sheena Warman has been promoted to Professor with effect from 1 August 2019.
- Vet School scores 99% for overall student satisfaction 4 July 2019 In the latest National Student Survey (NSS) Bristol Vet School BVSc programme scored 99% for overall student satisfaction
- Farmer-led research tackling antimicrobial resistance wins Antibiotic Guardian Awards 4 July 2019 A project to tackle antimicrobial resistance (AMR) on English dairy farms has won a prestigious award at this year’s Antibiotic Guardian Awards held in Birmingham last week [Thursday 27 June]. The Bristol Veterinary School PhD project, Farmer Action Groups, was a winner in the Research category.
- Dr Chris Sherwin (1962-2017) honoured posthumously by RSPCA 2 July 2019 Dr Chris Sherwin, who passed away in 2017, has been honoured with a posthumous Special Recognition Award at the 2019 RSPCA Honours and Awards.
- MSc by research Studentship 1 July 2019 Evaluation of the impact of prebiotic supplementation on the gastrointestinal microbiome and metabolome of Thoroughbred yearlings during nutritional stress