New equine members of the Vet School teaching team 19 April 2018 Welcome to Hank and Mayo, the latest members of the Bristol Vet School teaching team! They will be teaching students and saving lives...
- New equine members of the Vet School teaching team 19 April 2018 Welcome to Hank and Mayo, the latest members of the Bristol Vet School teaching team! They will be teaching students and saving lives...
- Vets and scientists awarded PetSavers grant 19 April 2018 Vets and scientists at the University of Bristol have been awarded a grant from PetSavers, part of the British Small Animal Veterinary Association, to help vets more effectively use antibiotics to treat cats with urinary tract infections.
- National award for Bristol vet student 17 April 2018 Congratulations to Molly George, a final-year student who was announced winner of the Cats Protection annual vet student EMS Award
- Healthy soil lifts animal weight 17 April 2018 Managing soil by well-designed grazing is key to an animal’s growth and wellbeing shows new research linking soil health, pasture value and sustainable production.
- BBC 2’s Big Cats about the House 22 March 2018 School features in first episode of BBC 2’s Big Cats about the House
- NEW PhD Opportunities 14 March 2018 GW4-CAT PhD programme
- Fast-track vet course launched at the University of Bristol 8 March 2018 Aspiring vets can now fast-track their training, thanks to an innovative four-year training programme by the University of Bristol’s Bristol Veterinary School (BVS).
- Forecast launched to help sheep farmers respond to annual spring threat to young lambs 8 March 2018 It may not feel like it in parts of the UK hit by 'The Beast from the East' and Storm Emma, but spring is just around the corner – and with it the annual deadly threat from the roundworm Nematodirus in lambs.
- Food industry specialists come together for animal health and welfare event 7 March 2018 Progressing animal welfare was the focus of an Animal Health and Welfare Day jointly hosted by the University of Bristol Veterinary School and continental meat supplier Winterbotham Darby. This annual event, now in its third year, brought together academics, researchers, NGOs, major retailers, journalists and industry partners across the food sector.
- Dr Kristen Reyher discusses AMR with BBC Radio 4 Farming Today 1 March 2018 Dr Kristen Reyher from the University of Bristol's School of Veterinary Sciences, talks about current concerns over antimicrobial resistance in humans, and how that can be impacted by overuse of antibiotics in agriculture.