Bristol Vet School researchers to benchmark medicine use across UK beef farms 14 June 2018 Researchers at the University of Bristol are to quantify and compare farm animal medicine use within and across UK beef operations. The project aims to help demonstrate and communicate the gains made to consumers, processors, retailers and policy makers.
- New PhD studentship available 15 June 2018 Environmental evaluation of UK sheep production systems based on high-resolution primary data
- Bristol Vet School researchers to benchmark medicine use across UK beef farms 14 June 2018 Researchers at the University of Bristol are to quantify and compare farm animal medicine use within and across UK beef operations. The project aims to help demonstrate and communicate the gains made to consumers, processors, retailers and policy makers.
- Vet School Teaching Fellow receives award for Outstanding Teaching 14 June 2018 Andy Grist, Teaching Fellow in Veterinary Public Health has received the Students’ Award for Outstanding Teaching in this years Bristol Teaching Awards
- University of Bristol climbs 54 places in global league table 28 May 2018 The University of Bristol has climbed to 65th in the world and 7th in the UK, according to a new league table published today [28 May].
- Pig immunology comes of age: killer T cell responses to influenza 17 May 2018 Researchers from The Pirbright Institute, University of Bristol, Cardiff University and University of Oxford have generated tools that allow scientists to understand a vital area of the pig immune system which was previously inaccessible.
- New MSc Studentship available 14 May 2018 Is the endothelial glycocalyx damaged in cats with cardiomyopathies and chronic kidney disease?
- New MSc Studentship available 2 May 2018 To treat or not to treat: investigating diagnostic approaches to feline subclinical bacteriuria and clinically significant urinary tract infections and responsible use of antimicrobials
- Vet student helps save newborn critically endangered lemur 30 April 2018 A University of Bristol MSc student who is also a zoo vet carried out a rare procedure with the help of keepers to save the life of a critically endangered new-born lemur at Wild Place Project in Bristol.
- New MSc Studentship available 30 April 2018 A Prospective Study of Environmental Risk Factors for Chronic Gastrointestinal Signs in Cats
- Vet School at the forefront of combatting antimicrobial resistance 28 April 2018 Researchers from the Bristol Veterinary School at the University of Bristol are leading the way with farmers to combat and change antimicrobial (AM) use on farms. Antimicrobial resistance - or AMR - is a global threat, with an estimated 700,000 people dying from resistant infections every year. Today [Saturday 28 April] is World Veterinary Day 2018 and ongoing research from the University’s Vet School has been showcased in a new YouTube video produced by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.