Vet School awarded prestigious American Veterinary Medical Association accreditation 22 October 2019 The University of Bristol Veterinary School has been awarded full accreditation of the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA). Bristol's Veterinary School is now one of only seven veterinary schools with AVMA accreditation in Europe.
- Vet School awarded prestigious American Veterinary Medical Association accreditation 22 October 2019 The University of Bristol Veterinary School has been awarded full accreditation of the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA). Bristol's Veterinary School is now one of only seven veterinary schools with AVMA accreditation in Europe.
- Bristol scientists awarded £1.25 million to study antimicrobial use and resistance in Argentinian farms 7 October 2019 What drives the risks of antimicrobial resistance in Argentinian livestock farms? How can these risks be minimised through effective regulation? These are just some of the questions that an interdisciplinary group of researchers at the University of Bristol, led by the Bristol Veterinary School, will answer, thanks to a £1.25 million grant from the Global AMR Innovation Fund, managed by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) and UK Aid, administered by BBSRC.
- New Global Animal Welfare Assurance launched to improve lives of farmed animals 4 October 2019 A new Global Animal Welfare Assurance initiative to improve the lives of farmed animals launches today [4 Oct] on World Animal Day. Led by the University of Bristol, it aims to share knowledge and best practice with farmers and food businesses to increase the proportion of animals farmed to high-welfare standards.
- Bristol Vet Nursing students first to reach finals of prestigious Vet competition 2 October 2019 The first Veterinary Nursing students to reach the finals of the prestigious ViVet Student Innovation Competition have scooped an impressive second prize for their innovative canine pregnancy app at the finals which took place yesterday [1 October] at the Vivet Symposium in Manchester.
- New PhD Studentship opportunity 1 October 2019 The work of complementary and alternative therapies on British dairy farms
- Veterinary surgeons awarded ‘impact award’ for changing antimicrobial use in veterinary practice 20 September 2019 Veterinary researchers from the universities of Bristol and Surrey have been awarded a prestigious award by the Veterinary Record, the official journal of the British Veterinary Association (BVA), for their contribution to changing antimicrobial use in veterinary practice.
- VetQuest 2019: Booking Now Open 1 September 2019 Aspiring vets and vet nurses will have the opportunity to explore and experience life as a student and find out what it’s like to work in the veterinary industry at the Bristol Veterinary School on Saturday 2nd November 2019.
- New insight into bacterial infections found in the noses of healthy cattle 19 August 2019 New research led by academics at the University of Bristol Veterinary and Medical Schools used the 'One Health' approach to study three bacterial species in the noses of young cattle and found the carriage of the bacteria was surprisingly different. The findings which combined ideas and methods from both animal and human health research could help prevent and control respiratory diseases.
- Vet School student wins international scholarship 14 August 2019 A third-year veterinary science student from the University of Bristol is one of ten students from around the world to have been awarded a prestigious Boehringer Ingelheim Scholarship.
- Increasing value of ivory poses major threat to elephant populations 29 July 2019 The global price of ivory increased tenfold since its 1989 trade ban by the Convention on the International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES), new research has found. The University of Bristol Veterinary School study, published in Biological Conservation [25 July], is the first to analyse trends in global ivory market values since the ban came into effect.