Travel and accommodation offers
Hotel discounts for postgraduate open day visitors
Clifton Hotels Group
Enjoy 10 per cent discount off the best available rates when staying with Clifton Hotels Group. Quote 'UOBOPENDAY' when booking online at any of the following properties:
- Berkeley Suites
- The Berkeley Square Hotel
- The Clifton Hotel
- The Rodney Hotel
- The Washington Guesthouse
Marriott Hotels are offering a special discounted rate of £118.00 B&B single occupancy and £133.00 B&B double occupancy for rooms booked to attend the 2018 postgraduate open day.
To take advantage of this offer, visit www.Marriott.com and enter UB8 into the corporate/promotional code section. We would advise booking early to secure these rates.
Travel discounts for postgraduate open day visitors
To access discounted train travel to the event via Great Western Railway, please use the booking button below.
Travel discounts will apply for seven days either side of the event, ie from 13 - 27 November. Special fares become available three months before the date you wish to travel. So if you are travelling on 20 November, you would need to book your ticket on or after 20 August.
Terms and conditions
1. The Open Days GWR travel offer is only available for travel on GWR services. If travelling from or within a region of the country that is not part of the GWR network you may need to purchase separate tickets to the chosen destination.
2. Bristol Temple Meads must be selected as the destination when booking to attend a University of Bristol event.
3. Origin of journey must be within the GWR network, but please note that Advance Purchase tickets are not available for short distance journeys.
4. The scheme is only available for use with Advance Purchase tickets. These set times and dates of travel and are non-exchangeable and non-refundable.
5. The Open Days GWR travel offer is available for the dates provided by each university and the week that the event takes place, running Saturday to the next Sunday. So stay for more than a day to get a feel for the local scene.
6. The scheme is combinable with the 16 – 25 Railcard, which is also available to mature students, and increases the discount to 50 per cent. Simply tick the box on the page by “Passengers” and select from the drop-down box.
7. The URL is unique to your university and cannot be used for destinations other than specified.
Q. What is an ‘Advanced Purchase Ticket’?
A. ‘Advance Purchase’ refers to a ticket that can be purchased up to 18:00 (6 pm) the day before travel, subject to availability. Once purchased, it is non-flexible (i.e. unable to change times or dates travel) and non-refundable.
Q. I cannot see the discounted fare.
A. ‘Advance Purchase’ for the student fare are denoted by a small cross against the ticket price. If there is no red cross shown, then the advance purchase fare for that day may have sold out. Once the discounted fare has been chosen an asterisk ‘*’ will be displayed underneath the fares section.
Q. The link to the booking page does not work. Where can I get assistance?
A. You may need to update your internet browser, we advise using Google Chrome or Firefox. There may be a need to clear your ‘cookies’.
Q. I cannot see the promotional fare.
A. Travel is only available on GWR routes, check the entirety of the journey is on GWR. Please also check the booking horizon. Sales open for Advance Purchase 12 weeks before travel.
Q. I still cannot see or book the student discount fare.
A. Please call the GWR call centre for advice on 0345 700 0125, select option 2, and then option 2 again.