Your course 2021/22

Find out about teaching, exams, assessment and support available for your academic studies.

Academic support

To help you get the most out of your studies, we have a range of support available.

Equipment and IT support for online learning

We recommend you bring your own computer such as a laptop.

We also suggest bringing a headset with a built-in microphone which can improve the quality of audio when you are talking to someone or attending online sessions.

You also need internet connectivity from your accommodation or usual place of study. Wifi connectivity is provided automatically in University accommodation.

We provide access to the software you need for online learning and support with how to use it. Find out what IT support and guidance is available

If you need help with the costs of IT equipment or connectivity find out what financial support is available.

Problems accessing online teaching and resources

If you cannot take part in teaching activities, let your school office know. You must tell them once in any 7-day period.

If you are struggling to access online resources, contact your school office for support. They will direct you to suitable technical support or put alternative arrangements in place.

If you have questions about using assistive software, contact Disability Services.

Libraries and study spaces

We have study spaces and facilities across the campus including study spaces in libraries, schools and faculties, and learning spaces that use a system to show if the room is free or booked over the next 3 hours. Find out what is available, where they are, and how to access them. Find a study space.

Assessment arrangements 

Guidance on assessments and exams in 2022, including how to prepare for online exams.

Degree classification mitigations

Guidance on how undergraduate degrees will be classified in 2022 incorporating previous mitigations put in place for the impact of COVID-19 and industrial action.

Further information

We have made every effort to ensure all details are correct.

However, since this information is subject to change, undergraduate and postgraduate taught students are advised to check the University's Unit and Programmes Catalogue for the latest course updates and these advice pages for all other updates. Postgraduate research students need to contact their research supervisor.

Unit teaching and assessment details, and other information published here, is indicative only and may be altered due to changes in Government advice. 

Digital Induction

Try a range of activities and resources to get you ready to start your studies.

Edit this page