Living in University residences
Find out more about the University residence rent rebate.
The government has asked that all students take 2 tests each week, every week they attend campus. This includes students living in residences. Find out more about testing.
University residence study spaces and music rooms
Study spaces and music rooms in university residences are open Monday to Friday from 8/9 am to 8 pm. The variation in opening time is due to cleaning being completed.
Please consider the feelings and safety of people who may:
- not be able to wear a face covering
- feel vulnerable because they or their family members have underlying health conditions
- come from different parts of the world and need to get used to UK guidance
Help other people to understand and follow the rules:
- If you see someone who is not following the guidelines, remind them.
- If you are concerned, tell us: use Report and Support, this can be anonymous or email: email@example.com.
Support and safety
Senior and chief residents and peer mentors are here to support you while you are living in University accommodation.
Cleaning and handwashing and are still important within your household. Find out how we’re keeping residences clean and safe.
If someone in your household develops symptoms of coronavirus, get medical advice. If there is a suspected or confirmed case of coronavirus in your household, tell the University. We will support you to self-isolate if necessary, following the government guidelines.
If the UK or local alert level for coronavirus changes, we will follow government and Public Health England guidance and continue to take measures to keep you safe.
Look at our health and safety pages for more information.
Find out more about living in university accommodation during the coronavirus.