New undergraduate checklist
These web pages are aimed primarily at new students who started in September 2018. The site will be updated in August 2019, ready for new students starting in September 2019.
When you arrive
If you are an international student there are additional things you need to do before you arrive.
Mature and part-time students
Find out about support available to our mature and part-time students.
- If you have university accommodation, make sure you know what the next steps are.
- If you do not have university accommodation, arrange private accommodation.
- You will be able to register online between 5 and 15 September.
Upload a photo
- Upload a photo for your University Card (UCard) as soon as you can.
- Plan how to get around
- Read the information sent from your school/department and complete any additional instructions
- If you have a disability or additional needs contact Disability Services to access their full range of support
- Find out what academic support is available to you when you arrive
- Find out which IT services are available to support your studies and start using them
- Make arrangements to pay your tuition fees
- If your fees are being paid by a sponsor, complete and return the tuition fee sponsorship form (PDF, 35kB) or provide other evidence of sponsorship to the Income Office.
- Make sure you have had two doses of measles, mumps, rubella vaccine
- Make sure you have been vaccinated for meningitis ACWY
- Register with the Students’ Health Service
- Download the Student Health app for iOS or theStudent Health app on Andriod for reliable and relevant health care advice wherever you are
- Find out what support we have for your health and wellbeing
- Apply and pay for an activity pass to start using the sports facilities as soon as you arrive.