Funding and financial help

Help and advice

The Student Funding Office can help with:

  • Scholarships
  • Hardship funds
  • Loans and UK government support
  • Budgeting advice
  • Emergency loans
  • Advice on how transferring courses, withdrawing or suspending can affect your funding.

Tel: +44 (0)117 331 7972

Funding postgraduate study

Tuition fees

If you're a self-funding postgraduate student, you'll pay your fees directly to the University.

If you're sponsored by an external organisation, such as a government department, charity or company, you must send evidence of your sponsorship to the Income Office.

Find out how and when to pay your fees or tell us about your sponsorship.

Funding for international students

You need to organise funds for your tuition fees and living costs before you arrive at University. You'll receive confirmation of any scholarship or award before you start your studies.

If you are in need of emergency financial help for a one-off cost, speak to the Student Funding Office about the International Hardship Fund.

Funding for UK and EU students

The UK government now offers a postgraduate study loan of up to £10,280 for master's-level study. How much you are eligible to receive will depend upon which regional government provides your funding support.

If you are studying a master's and want to look for further avenues of financial support, or you aren't eligible for a postgraduate study loan, you could apply for a Professional and Career Development Loan (PCDL). A PCDL is a subsidised bank loan designed to support further study.

Postgraduate research funding

If you have University or Research Council funding, you'll receive an email from the Student Funding Office about your stipend payment. You should have a letter from your School confirming your stipend amounts. Once you've completed online registration you'll be able to see the dates and amounts in the MyBristol portal.

Contact the Student Funding Office with any questions.

Edit this page