LeDeR programme core principles and values
The core principles and values of the LeDeR programme are as follows:
- The programme overall must effect change and make an identifiable difference to the lives of people with learning disabilities and their families.
- We value the on-going contribution of people with learning disabilities and their families to all aspects of our work and see this as central to the development and delivery of everything we do.
- We take a holistic perspective looking at the circumstances leading to deaths of people with learning disabilities and don’t prioritise any one source of information over any other.
- The key principles of communication, cooperation and independence will be upheld when working alongside other investigation or review processes.
- The programme overall strives to ensure that reviews of deaths lead to reflective learning which will result in improved health and social care service delivery.