New UK Parliament web hub for academic researchers 1 December 2017 'Research Impact at the UK Parliament' provides comprehensive information for researchers and universities on how they can engage with Parliament.
- New UK Parliament web hub for academic researchers 1 December 2017 'Research Impact at the UK Parliament' provides comprehensive information for researchers and universities on how they can engage with Parliament.
- The Industrial Strategy - opportunities for researchers 29 November 2017 Following the publication of the UK Government's Industrial Strategy (Monday 27 November), PolicyBristol has summarised the key announcements, funding and policy engagement opportunities for researchers
- Professor David Berridge warns MPs that schools are failing to find alternative provision for excluded pupils. 24 November 2017
- GP online consultations: not the panacea policy makers are hoping for 23 November 2017 Online GP consultation systems may not be the silver bullet for reducing GP workload and patient waiting times that government policymakers are hoping for, NIHR-funded research from the University of Bristol has found. These systems offer the potential to revolutionise use of primary care, but only with careful implementation and effective marketing, the researchers concluded.
- ‘Best practice’ domestic violence programme announces ambitious plans to expand 21 November 2017 A highly successful, evidence-based domestic violence and abuse identification and referral programme (IRIS – Identification and Referral to Improve Safety) developed by researchers at the University of Bristol has launched as a social enterprise today, with plans to scale up its activity and grow the programme across the UK and internationally.
- Homes should not be abandoned after a big nuclear accident 20 November 2017 New research suggests that few people, if any, should be asked to leave their homes after a big nuclear accident, which is what happened in March 2011 following the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster.
- Law School Professor submits evidence for government Brexit Committees 16 November 2017 Professor Phil Syrpis was invited to submit evidence to two parliament committees to share his EU Law expertise.
- Outdated housing laws need ‘desperate reform’ in the wake of Grenfell 14 November 2017 Housing laws are ‘out-dated, complex and patchily enforced’, according to a major new report which calls for a new Housing Act to be introduced in the wake of the Grenfell tragedy.
- Bristol Vet School leading the way to change antimicrobial (AM) use on farms 14 November 2017 Researchers from the Bristol Veterinary School at the University of Bristol are leading the way to inspire and change antimicrobial (AM) use on farms and in veterinary prescribing practices.
- Primary care is key to optimising value in healthcare 14 November 2017 Balancing improvements in health against the cost of such improvements in primary care is vital to achieve a cost-effective and efficient healthcare system, finds a new report by University of Bristol researchers and published in the BMJ.