The School of Biological Sciences offers a work experience placement to students between the ages of 14 – 18 years old who would like to work within a science setting as Laboratory Technicians or Technical Support. Please note that our programme is not aimed at students wishing to become Doctors, Vets or working within the Forensic Science sector.
The placement will be based mainly in the School of Biology state-of-the-art teaching laboratories, although some aspects of research work may be included depending on availability of staff involved. Our focus of the week will be general laboratory activities and developing some field skills which may be dependent on the weather.
Each year there are places available on our one-week Summer (June/July) work experience programme that will be awarded by a competitive selection process.
How to apply
- Send a completed version of the Work experience application form (Office document, 49kB) to Jessica Camps
- A covering letter explaining a little bit about yourself, outlining why this type of work experience would be beneficial to you and any plans you have for your future career
The deadline for 2020 is Friday 31st January 2020.
Work experience opportunities within the other Life Science Schools are offered on a individual basis depending on the availability of academics, research and technical staff at different times of year.
In order to be considered for an opportunity, please send a CV and/or covering letter detailing your specific area of interest to the individual school offices. If an opportunity arises then you will be informed but please be aware that many requests are received each year so not all will be successful or responded to.
- Biochemistry: email@example.com
- Cellular and Molecular Medicine: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Physiology, Pharmacology and Neuroscience: email@example.com
Please go to www.bristol.ac.uk/study/outreach/work-experience for other subject specific work experience opportunities.