Southwest Jiao Tong University
If you are a student at SJTU studying one of the degree programmes listed below then you are eligible to transfer to Bristol.
Click on the degree programme to find out more about about the partnership opportunity and what degree programmes you can study at Bristol.
We do not currently have any opportunities to transfer your studies from SJTU to an undergraduate level via our Global Transfer Programme. If you are interested in studying at an undergraduate level at the University of Bristol, please visit our standard Undergraduate study webpages.
3+1 AMD Programmes
What is the 3+1 AMD Programme?
Join a 1 year Master's degree programme at Bristol after completing 3 years of your 4 year Bachelor degree in China (3+1).
At the end of the programme you will receive:
- A Bachelor degree from Southwest Jiao Tong University
- A Master's degree from the University of Bristol
Am I eligible?
To qualify, you must:
- Complete our three-week summer school - the Intensive Selection Camp (ISC). You can join the ISC after either your second or third year of your degree at Southwest Jiao Tong University.
- Achieve a grade average of 82%, calculated as the average of your three years at Southwest Jiao Tong University.
- Meet our English language requirements. For the majority of our pgroammes you need to meet Profile E (IELTS 6.5 overall, minimum 6.0 in all bands), but for MSc Digital Health you need to meet Profile C
(IELTS 6.5 overall, minimum 6.5 in all bands). Alernative qualifications are accepted.
What can I study?
You must study one of the following Bachelor degree programmes at Southwest Jiao Tong University:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Science and Technology
- Data Science and Big Data Technology
- Electrical Engineering and Intelligent Control
- Electronic and Information Engineering
- Electronic Science and Technology
- Mathematics and Applied Mathematics
The following Master degree programmes are available to study at Bristol. The course you can study will depend on your Bachelor degree at Southwest Jiao Tong University.
- MSc Advanced Microelectronic Systems Engineering
- MSc Biomedical Engineering
- MSc Biorobotics
- MSc Communication Networks and Signal Processing
- MSc Computer Science (conversion)
- MSc Cyber Security
- MSc Data Science
- MSc Digital Health
- MSc Engineering Mathematics
- MSc Financial Technology with Data Science
- MSc Image and Video Communications and Signal Processing
- MSc Immersive Technologies (Virtual and Augmented Reality)
- MSc Optical Communications and Signal Processing
- MSc Optoelectronic and Quantum Technologies
- MSc Robotics
- MSc Wireless Communications and Signal Processing
How do I apply?
Find out more about transferrring your studies to Bristol via the Global Transfer Programme by joining one of our events. We run bespoke webinars for each partnership, so sign up to the one we are running for your University or dowload a copy of the recording if it has already taken place. We will also run additional events such as a Scholarships Webinar and a Student Q&A, so check out our events page to see when these are taking place.
Chat with us
Talk to our team about transferring your study to Bristol via the Global Transfer Programme. Book an online drop-in session to chat with us through Zoom or Microsoft Teams, send us a message or add us on WeChat.
Find out what makes Bristol one of the UK’s top ten universities.
How to apply?
Apply to transfer your study to the University of Bristol using our online application form.
In the UK's top ten universities
QS World University Rankings 2022
Best place to live in the UK
Sunday Times 2017