These schemes support awards to individuals for specific periods and projects of study:
- Benjamin Meaker Visiting Professorship scheme is open to application from any University school or faculty. The purpose of these awards is to bring distinguished researchers from overseas and elsewhere in the UK to Bristol in order to enhance the research activity of the University.
- University Research Fellowship awards enable academic staff of the University to carry out a dedicated research project lasting twelve months.
- Senior Research Fellowship awards are for two years and made to distinguished retired members of staff in recognition of their continued contribution to the research of the University.
- IAS Research Fellowships are for up to six months’ dedicated research in relation to one or more of the overarching themes highlighted by the IAS.
- Translational Neuroscience Research Fellowships enable academic University staff who are members of Bristol Neuroscience to dedicate up to six months for developing translational neuroscience research.