Welcome to the School of Economics 24 September 2020 The School of Economics extends a warm welcome to our new students and staff joining us for the 2020/21 academic year.
- New academic appointments to the School of Economics 8 December 2020 The School of Economics extends a warm welcome to our latest academic appointments
- CEPS launch new 'Evidence' magazine 4 December 2020 The Centre for Evidence-based Public Services launch the first edition of new research magazine
- Dr Hans Sievertsen awarded research grant from Independent Research Council Denmark 19 November 2020 The project ‘Family background, early investment policies and parental investments’ will examine the impact and interplay of early-life investment policies, family background, and parental beliefs and behaviours on a child’s development and the formation of human capital using novel data sets.
- Yanos Zylberberg awarded International Research Grant 1 October 2020 Congratulations to Yanos who will be lead investigator for project ‘MAPHIS: What Historical Maps Can Tell Us About Urban Development'.
- Welcome to the School of Economics 24 September 2020 The School of Economics extends a warm welcome to our new students and staff joining us for the 2020/21 academic year.
- Analysing the gender balance of childcare during COVID-19 lockdown 11 June 2020 Professor Sarah Smith, Head of Economics, and Professor Almudena Sevilla of UCL analysed new survey data to explore the gender balance of childcare during lockdown.
- Dr Pavel Kuchar wins Prize for Interdisciplinary Research in the History of Economic Thought and Methodology 6 May 2020 Last month, Pavel Kuchar, Lecturer in History of Economics, was awarded the Warren Samuels Prize for Interdisciplinary Research in the History of Economic Thought and Methodology.
- Dr Sami Stouli appointed to Government What Works Trial Advice Panel 18 February 2020 Sami Stouli, Lecturer in Economics, University of Bristol, has been appointed to the What Works Trial Advice Panel (TAP) to improve the quality and quantity of impact evaluation across central government.
- University of Bristol, first to recruit a Chair in the Public Understanding of Economics 18 February 2020 The University of Bristol is seeking the appointment of a new professorial role to improve the communication of economics to internal and external audiences.
- Dr Patrick Arni awarded funding for Swiss National Research project SWISSLAB 7 February 2020 Dr Patrick Arni, Economics Senior Lecturer, has been awarded funding for a project on the National Research Programme “Digital Transformation” of the Swiss National Research Council